If you are reading this article, you must be facing the update error 0x80070652 on your Windows computer. Don’t worry about the error too much, because it is something common, and you have the ability to fix it. All you need to have is a basic understanding of why this error takes place. Then you need to follow the steps that we recommend and proceed with the fix. Along with that, you can get your job done while ensuring perfect results at the end of the day.
Here are some of the solutions that you can follow in order to fix the error 0x80070652 on your Windows computer. If you can follow these steps, you will be able to end up with effective results at the end of the day.
Fix-1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter to Fix Error 0x80070652
Error 0x80070652 takes place due to an error with updates on your computer. Windows provides an in-built option for you to overcome this. In order to do that, you just need to get your hands on the Windows update troubleshooter. It can provide much-needed support & assistance to you with fixing the solution. You can call this as a straightforward process available to get the job done as well.
Steps For Windows 10 PC/Laptop
If you are on Windows 10 operating system, you should follow the below-given steps and get the job done.
- 1. First, you need to click on the Start button and then search the Windows update. Then you need to look for “Windows update settings.”
- 2. On the left-hand pane, you need to click on the option Troubleshoot.
- 3. As the next step, you need to click on the Windows Update button. Then you will be able to start Run the Troubleshooter.
- 4. Now you will be able to see a series of instructions on the screen. You should follow the instructions, and you can proceed with the troubleshooting process. Then your computer will provide you with all the options that you need to fix the problem 0x80070652.
- 5. Once you go through all troubleshooting steps, you should run the Windows update again. Then you need to install those updates. Along with that, you can see whether the error that you can see on your screen is removed or not.
Steps For Windows 8 PC/Laptop
In case if you are still using a Windows 8 computer, you need to follow the below-given steps to overcome the issue that you are facing.
- 1. First, you will need to click on the search box available on desktop and search for Network Problems. Then you will need to pick “Identify and repair network problems” from the list of options that you can see.
- 2. Along with that, you will need to follow all of the steps that you can see on the screen. The on-screen wizard that you see will provide all the support and assistance that you need in order to get the troubleshooting job done and end up with positive results at the end of the day.
- 3. Once you are done with the troubleshooting process, you will have to run the Windows Update and see again.
Also, get to know how to crack Windows 7 easily here.
Steps For Windows 7 PC/Laptop
People who use Windows 7 operating system will have to follow the following steps and overcome the problem that they can see.
- 1. First, you will need to right-click on the network icon, which you will be able to see in the Notification Area. Then you must click on Troubleshoot Problems.
- 2. Now you will be provided with a series of steps to follow. All you have to do is just follow all of those steps and diagnose the problem. Then windows will assist you in fixing the problem that you have.
- 3. Once you are done, you can run the Windows Update again. Then you will not see error 0x80070652 on your screen.
Fix-2: Update The Drivers to Fix Error 0x80070652
If you are having any issues with the drivers of your Windows computer, you will come across the issue 0x80070652. You need to be mindful of this as well.
When you update the drivers, you will be able to fix the issue that you see on the screen. To do that, here are two methods available to update drivers of the computer.
As the first step, you can go ahead and search for the drivers manually. Then you can download the latest drivers and install them on the computer. In order to proceed with this solution, you will have to spend a considerable amount of time. In addition to that, you will need to have computer skills as well.
And, in case you are not having enough patience to update drivers manually, you can think about getting automatic updates. To do that, please use a third-party tool – Driver Easy, which can provide much-needed support and assistance to you with getting the updates. That’s where you can take a look at the available tools on the internet and get your hands on the best tool.
The third-party tool – Driver Easy, you install on the computer will automatically search for drivers. Then they will be installed on your computer. This will help you to get the job done without facing any issues.
Fix-3: Get The Help Of System File Checker
System File Checker can also help you with overcoming error 0x80070652 on your computer. That’s because the System File Checker will be able to help you with overcoming the issue caused by corrupted files on the computer. It will help you to fix all the corrupted files on the computer and help you to get rid of error 0x80070652. And, the System File Checker is a feature that comes along with Windows, which has the ability to search for corrupted files in your system. Once corrupted files are located, it will fix the issues as well. Below are the steps you should follow to get the job done.
- 1. First, you will need to open the search box from the desktop and then enter cmd. You need to right-click on Windows Command Prompt that you can see and pick “Run as Administrator.”
- 2. Now, you will be asked to confirm that you need to run the command prompt as an administrator. You will need to hit yes and confirm the action. Then you will be able to proceed with it.
- 3. When you are in the command prompt, you will have to enter the command “sfc/scannow.” Then you need to hit enter.
- 4. Now Windows will go ahead and verify the system files. Then it will fix the issues automatically as well.
- 5. Once the verification process is complete, you can exit from the command prompt. Then you can run Windows update again.
- 6. You can download the update package and see whether you can see the error 0x80070652.
This will help you to fix the issue. If still, it is not fixed, you can proceed to the next solution.
Fix-4: Reset Your Software Distribution Folder
Another thing that you can do to fix 0x80070652 is to go ahead and reset the software distribution folder. Before you modify that folder, you will have to empty the content that you have in it. If not, your Windows operating system will not work properly.
You can reset the Windows Software Distribution Folder, and you will be able to fix the issue 0x80070652 that you see on the computer immediately. Here are the steps that you must follow in order to get the job done.
- 1. First, you will need to enter the taskbar search box and hit cmd. Then you should right-click on command prompt and open it as the administrator.
- 2. When you are in the command prompt, you will need to enter stop BITS. Type enter and enter Cryptographic. You can hit enter again and enter MSI Installer. Then you will have to hit enter again and type Windows Update Services. Then you will be able to hit enter and proceed to the next step.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
- 3. You should now be able to rename your SoftwareDistribution folder by giving it the new name of the Catroot2 folder.
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- 4. Now you can proceed to the next stage, where you restart MSI installer, cryptographic and BITS, and the Windows Update Service.
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- 5. Once you are done with entering the commands, you should exit from Command Prompt. Then you will be able to restart the computer.
- 6. Once the computer has restarted, you can again visit the Windows Update and see whether it works or not.
Final Words about Error 0x80070652
So these are the steps that you should be following in order to successfully fix the error 0x80070652 that you see on your PC or computer. And, if you follow them, finally, you will be able to get out of the situation that may be causing you to panic.