If you’re an iOS user, then the chances are that you’ve got iTunes installed on your computer. On top of that, there’s a fair chance that you have lost data at one point or another. As unfortunate as it is, people who use iTunes for their data management aren’t able to recover their data as easily as others. However, in the past few years, iOS users have started to move away from using the standard iTunes as it is full of bugs and glitches which have yet to be fixed. The program simply isn’t enjoyable to use and doesn’t always get the job done. Because of this, our focus for this article is to take a look at some of the different alternatives that there are to using FonePaw iPhone Data recovery.
Why Know How to Recover Data?
It’s a good question. It’s not often that you’ll have to recover data on your iOS device. However, data corruption can strike at any time, and a lot of us are clumsy enough to delete data from our device which we want accidentally, and so knowing how to recover data in case of this happening can give you an advantage.
If you have to recover your data due to data loss, you can get straight to recovering it rather than hectically searching the internet for some of the alternatives to FonePawn iPhone data Recovery.
1. First Alternatives to FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery – iMyfone D-Back iOS Data Recovery
The below section is split into two parts. In the first part, we will discuss how you can use iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery for recovering data from your device. In the second part, we will take a look at some of the pros and cons of using this program.
How to Recover Data with iMyfone D-Back iOS Data Recovery
Below we have put together a step-by-step guide on how you can use iMyfone D-back iOS Data Recovery to recover any lost data from your iOS device.
Step #1 – Start off by downloading the iMyfone D-Back iOS Data Recovery program, installing it, and launching it.
Step #2 – Once you have the program launched, connect your device, wait for the program to detect the connection, and we’re ready to get into it.
Step #3 – Using the panel on the left of the program, click on the “Smart Recovery” option.
Note: we suggest taking the time to also look through each of the other features which this program has to offer so that you get a full view of what it has to offer.
Step #4 – A menu will then appear on display. From this menu, you’ll be able to select the different types of files that you want to have recovered. From this menu, take the time to select the different data types (or check the “Select all” button at the bottom) and click “Next” when you’re ready to move on.
Step #5 – You will then be prompted to select how you lost the data from your device. This helps the program to recover the data based on how it was lost effectively. Click on which reason is closest to your own.
Step #6 – iMyFone D-Back iOS Data Recovery will then perform a scan of your device and will detect any information which is recoverable from your device. When the scan completes, you’ll be able to see a wide variety of data which has been found on your device.
Step #7 – Take the time to go through each of the data types using the list on the left side and once you’ve selected all of the data that you lost, click on the “Recover” button at the bottom right.
Step #8 – Lastly, choose a folder where you want all of this data to be saved, and you’ll be able to restore it on to your phone using whichever method suits you best. It’s that simple.
After you’ve read through each of the methods which we’ve provided you with below, you’ll see that this is the best method that there is.
- In comparison to FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery, iMyFone D-Back iOS Data Recovery is a lot cheaper and will save you more than half the price.
- iMyFone D-Back iOS Data Recovery allows you to recover a lot of different data types. On the other hand, FonePaw only allows for you to recover a limited number of data types and therefore isn’t as effective when it comes to data recovery.
- When using iMyFone D-Back iOS Data Recovery over FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery, you are able to preview the data which has been detected from the scan before it is recovered. This allows you to save a lot of time and only have the data that you want to recover.
- FonePaw has a somewhat messy user interface whereas iMyFone D-Back is simplistic, easy to understand, and has every feature explained to the user.
- With iMyFone D-Back iOS Data Recovery, you are able to apply a filter to the data which is detected so that you can easily find specific files for recovery.
- Although iMyFone D-Back iOS Data Recovery is a very cheap program and is well worth the money, it will still cost you some money.
- iMyFone D-Back iOS Data Recovery is constantly being updated, and if you aren’t keeping up with the updates, you may miss out on some features.
2. Second Alternatives to FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery – Dr.Fone iPhone Data Recovery
Just as we did above, we have split this section into two parts. For the first part, we are going to be discussing how you can use Dr.Fone – iPhone Data Recovery to recover any lost data from your device. For the second part, we are going to discuss some of the different pros and cons which there are to using Dr.Fone.
How to Recover Data with Dr.Fone – iPhone Data Recovery
If you follow the steps which we’ve put together for you, you’ll be able to use the Dr.Fone – iPhone Data Recovery program without too much trouble.
Step #1 – To kick this method off, either purchase yourself a copy of Dr.Fone – iPhone Data Recovery or download the free version, and install it.
Step #2 – Launch the program and connect your iOS device to your computer using the USB cable which is most suitable.
Step #3 – Now, on the program go ahead and click on the “Recovery from iOS Device” option located on the left panel.
Step #4 – From here, you’ll be able to selectively restore data to your iPhone. This menu is split into two sections. “Deleted Data from the Device” and “Existing Data on the Device”.
Note: with this distinction between the data, you can save time by only restoring data which you have lost rather than the program discovering all of the data which is stored on the device.
Step #5 – Select any of the appropriate data types which you’d like to have recovered, and click on the “Start Scan” button at the bottom left.
Step #6 – Your device will then be scanned and provided that you only selected the “Deleted Data from the Device” option, once the scan is complete you will be provided with a breakdown of all of the data which is currently stored on your device.
Step #7 – Take a few minutes to go through all of the data which has been detected. You can navigate yourself through the different data types using the menu on the left.
Step #8 – Select all of the data which you want to have restored and once you’ve done that, click on the “Recover to Computer” button at the bottom right.
Step #9 – Create a folder somewhere on your computer where you can save the data, and you’ll be finished. The data will now be recovered onto your computer where you will be able to restore it onto your iPhone.
Again, this is definitely one of the easiest alternatives to FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery to use, especially if you are someone who isn’t familiar with computers.
- When using Dr.Fone – iPhone Data Recovery, you are able to recover data which you have overwritten. When you decide to use FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery, there is no way of you recovering data which has been overwritten.
- With Dr.Fone, you are getting your money’s worth when it comes to the price although, with FonePaw, the features which you have access to are limited and are not work it.
- You are able to preview data before you recover it with Dr.Fone – iPhone Data Recovery although when you decide to use FonePaw, you cannot see what data you are recovering. This causes a lot of time to be wasted and recovers a lot of data which may be of no use to you.
- If you want to use Dr.Fone but don’t want to pay for it just yet, you can get yourself the free version of the program so that you can get an idea of some of the features which are included before you go ahead and purchase it.
- Even though using Dr.Fone – iPhone Data Recovery is a lot cheaper than using FonePaw, you must renew your purchase annually unless you choose to purchase the “Lifetime License”.
3. Third Alternatives to FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery – iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery
As we are done with the previous two programs, we have taken the time to separate this section into two different parts. The first part is going to focus on how you can use iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery to recover data from your device while the second part will tell you about the different pros and cons which there are to using iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery.
How to Recover Data with iSkysoft Data Recovery
The third, and final, the method that we are going to be looking at is how you can use iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery as an alternative to FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery. Below is the step-by-step guide that you need to get the job done.
Step #1 – The first step of this method is to download the iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery program, install it, and launch it when you’re ready.
Step #2 – You will be able to select the recovery mode of your choice using the left panel. For this method, we are going to be using the “Recover from iOS Device” mode.
Note: although this is the recovery mode that we are going to be using, feel free to use any of the others which are available. Each of these modes, while they do a different job, follow a similar method.
Step #3 – If you haven’t already done so, they take your iOS device and connect it to your computer using the appropriate USB cable.
Step #4 – Next, you’ll be able to view and select the different file types which you want to have recovered. Select the data types which you want to be scanned, and click on the “Start Scan” button to get it started.
Step #5 – Once the scan is complete you will be able to browse the different files which have been detected freely. If you have selected multiple data types to be detected in the scan, then you will be able to guide yourself through them using the menu on the left.
Step #6 – Take a few minutes to browse through the files and select any of the ones which you’d like to have recovered by this program.
Step #7 – After you’ve selected all of the files that you want recovering, click on the “Recover” button at the bottom right, select a folder location for the files to be saved, and you’ve successfully recovered data from your iOS device with the help of iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery.
As with the other methods, this is an incredibly easy method to use. Now that you’ve read through each of the methods you’ll probably have a rough idea of which is the most appealing to you.
- Both FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery and iSkySoft iPhone Data Recovery allow you to recover your data through a variety of different ways, although iSkySoft’s user interface makes the process a lot easier.
- FonePaw is a program which is limited to simply recover iPhone data although, with iSkySoft, you can do so much more with your device. You are also able to fix your iOS system with iSkySoft should you need to do so.
- iSkySoft iPhone Data Recovery is updated on a regular basis and because of this, if you decide to update the program regularly then you will gain access to even more features than you bargained for.
- Updating iSkySoft iPhone Data Recovery is incredibly easy to do, but in order to get access to the new features which are released for this program, you must manually update the program yourself.
- If you have a very old version of the iPhone, you may find that iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery isn’t compatible with the model. However, this is a very rare issue that users find and provided that you have a reasonably modern phone, you should be fine.
“Which Method Should I Use?”
We have provided you with three of the best programs for data recovery as well as the three best alternatives to FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery. In our opinion, each of these programs is as good as each other even though each of them has their own set of benefits.
Take a look at the different pros and cons for each program, decide which program’s pros outweigh the cons, and give it a shot. If you still aren’t sure or you aren’t happy with the program that you’ve settled on, go ahead and give each of them a try.
If you still don’t know which of the alternatives to FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery you should use, then use them all. Use the free trials which are available, switch between them, and just enjoy the experience.
When it comes to data management, it’s important that you take a look at all of the different methods are available to you. Each option has its different set of pros on and cons, so it’s important that you consider each of these when you make your decision to use one of our FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery options. No matter which of the options which you choose from above, you can be assured that you’ll be using one of the best programs that will get the job done in a matter of minutes.