HEIC, JPEG, and PNG are some of the common image file formats in which the pictures you take are saved on various devices. These image file formats are the standardized way to store digital images in compressed or uncompressed form. They are denoted by the .heic, .jpg, or .png attachments at the end of your picture names as they appear.
The different formats as denoted by the attachments are compatible with certain devices carrying particular operating systems. This creates a problem for users who own multiple devices working on different operating systems, necessitating the conversion of images from one format to another. Thus, users often have images on their phones that they need to convert to jpeg to access them on their Windows-run computers. In this article, we will discuss the various image formats and the whys and hows of image conversion.
In 2017, Apple announced that the new updated iOS software would use a new format to compress and store the high-quality images captured on its cellular devices. This image format called the HEIF stands for High-Efficiency Image Format and comes with the attachment .heic.
This latest innovation from Apple combines new and advanced compression technology to economize storage space without compromising on the picture quality. But it also leaves you with pictures clicked on your phone that you need to convert to jpeg, in order to access them on other devices run by the Windows operating system.
JPEG is the image format with the most accessibility as most devices, and operating systems use this format to store and organize images. The acronym stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group, and it compresses images by getting rid of certain parts of the Image leading to loss of image quality. But there are several ways to ensure that there is no loss in image quality when you convert to jpeg as discussed below.
Most people upgrade their phones more frequently than their computers. You may end up owning a new model of iPhone, iPad, or iPod but an older version of iMac or a Windows-based computer. This can leave you with pictures that you need to convert to JPEG to access them across all devices.
The selling point of the HEIC image format is that it stores good quality pictures even after high compression. Thus, while converting your .heic image to .jpg, you will not want your high definition pictures to suffer a reduction in quality.
There are many types of software available online that will take your images to convert to jpg. In this article, we will discuss the best software you could use to convert your image files to jpeg format. If you wish to ensure that your pictures do not suffer a loss of quality, you should also consider the aiseesoft HEIC conversion tool that preserves the professional quality of your pictures.
There are many online converters available where you can upload images to convert to jpeg. In this section, let us discuss the best online image file converters that you can use:
1. The JPG converter from OnlineConverter
This OnlineConverter allows you to convert images of large sizes up to 200MB from both hard drives as well as online links. Its interface is easy to use and easily accessible from any device on the net.
- Image upload from a hard drive as well as online links facilitated
- Upload of images up to 200MB
- Resizing of dimensions of image possible
- Quality of jpeg file output is adjustable
- Free conversion services
- Cannot withstand simultaneous upload of multiple images
The SimpleImageResizer is free online software that allows you to upload your images to convert to jpeg. It also offers other services for modifying images such as compressing and resizing.
- Simple upload of image computer allowed
- Ease of handling
- Supports most of the popular image formats
- Provides free image conversion
- Does not allow the change in image parameters during conversion
Convertio is a multi-purpose conversion software that enables users to upload a variety of files from text to image that can be converted to which format desired.
- Allows upload of images from a variety of sources including cloud
- Allows upload of multiple images simultaneously
- It allows up to 100MB storage worth of image files
- displays the output size of converted pictures
- Can transfer files directly to Dropbox or Google drive
- Lacks customization options
These Apps are available for download on either the iOS app store or the Google Play Store or sometimes on both platforms. Some of the best apps to convert to jpeg are:
This app is compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
- Allows customization of image dimensions before conversion
- Convert to jpeg feature allows conversion from a wide range of formats to vice versa
- Supports more than 50 image formats
- Can send the converted images as attachments to your email
- Hampers your privacy through access to mobile data
2. Picture Converter
This app is compatible with Android devices.
- Allows easy upload of an image from the picture gallery
- Allows resizing and customization options.
- It allows conversion of images from jpeg to PNG, BMP, TIFF, and vice versa
- Allows Simultaneous bulk conversion of images
- The App takes up a lot of storage space
This free App is compatible is iOS devices and can thus be used to upload HEIC files and convert to jpeg.
- Allows conversion to both jpeg and png formats
- Supports a wide variety of input formats such as JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, TGA and HEIF
- Compatible with many variants of iOS
- Offers free conversion service
- Does not offer customization of images to be converted
In order to convert to jpeg on devices running on Windows, certain steps must be followed. These easy steps are as listed below:
Step 1: Select and open the image to be converted into Windows Paint.
Step 2: Before converting the selected picture to jpeg, edit it to your preferences if you so wish. You can resize or crop it before you opt to convert to jpeg.
Step 3: Click on the File option and hover the cursor over the save as option and select JPEG as the output format.
Step 4: On the Save As option type in a new file name and save the image in JPEG format to get a new image.
In order to convert to jpeg on Mac, certain steps must be followed. These easy steps are as listed below:
Step 1: Select the Preview option on your Mac and add the selected images for conversion to Preview. Activate the export option by clicking on the Export Selected Images on File that appears on the top ribbon on the left sidebar.
Step 2: On the dropdown list select JPEG as the output format. Select the Choose option on the pop-up dialog that appears.
Step 3: Select a folder or make a new one to save the jpeg converted files in.
Part 7: Aiseesoft HEIC Converter [Top 1 Tool to Convert HEIC to JPEG]
The aiseesoft HEIC converter enables you to convert images from .heic format to .jpeg format limitlessly. This professional tool ensures that there will be no loss or reduction of quality after the conversion of the image. It also enables you to upload a limitless number of pictures simultaneously, saving both time and energy.
Thus, it uses powerful new compression technology to deliver the fastest and best convert to jpeg experience while maintaining the image quality. It also allows you the choice to adjust the quality of your image according to your needs.
Features of Aiseesoft HEIC Converter
Aiseesoft HEIC Converter offers a range of attractive features and is well worth the money required for its purchase. Some of its most attractive features are:
- This RAW to JPEG converter can convert HEIC to JPEG or HEIC to PNG for Windows and Mac computers.
- Can convert multiple pictures in batches simultaneously.
- Easy to use as you can just drag an entire file containing multiple pictures to convert to jpeg.
- Allows you to customize the size settings of the images being converted.
- Compatible with an entire range of operating systems for Windows such as Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP as well as for iOS such as Mac OS X 10.6 or above.
Thus, it is quite clear that converting image files to jpeg or vice versa from any image format is very easy. There are a range of image converter options available to you that allow you to convert to jpeg or vice versa. You can select any of the online or offline options we have discussed to convert your pictures to any format you wish.