How to Deactivate Kik Account Properly
As you may already know, Kik is an impressive app that comes with a variety of impressive features. However, due to various reasons, many individuals may want to deactivate Kik account and stay away from it. The purpose of this article is to explain how to deactivate Kik account properly.
You can use Kik to share your thoughts and connect with anyone across the globe. Kik opens up a superb opportunity to meet various types of people and exchange various ideas with them. Kik users can even share photos and get to know each other on a very personal level. However, due to some privacy reasons, users may want to deactivate Kik accounts. Also, some users feel that they spend too much of time on Kik and decide to deactivate Kik.
If you are a Kik user and intend to deactivate Kik account, you should do it properly. That means, it is always better to keep a backup of your Kik data before deactivating the account. Such an approach allows you to store your memories with Kik and enjoy them later if necessary. Also, some of the data in your Kik account can be valuable in various cases. That is exactly when you will need the assistance of software like dr.fone – Restore Social App (iOS).
Dr.fone – Restore Social App (iOS) is a powerful software that is compatible with all the iOS devices. Apart from that, this app is perfectly compatible with iTunes and iCloud to backup Kik data. In addition to that, you can use this software to restore lost information whenever it is necessary. More importantly, this software allows you to do it without taking much time and effort. It assures you that there is no data is lost. You can restore your Kik data to a computer or a smart device without any hassle.
Here are some of the most notable features associated with Dr.Fone – Restore Social App (iOS)
- It is capable of creating a backup of your Kik conversation comprehensively & perform WeChat backup to PC
- You can create a backup of your Kik chat history using a single-click operation & Backup & restore line chat history for Android
- It lets you restore the data selectively (only the data you need) and transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy, transfer all data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- You can export any piece of information from the backup either for printing or reading
- It doesn’t cause any data loss
- This program is compatible with the latest Mac and iOS versions
- dr.fone – Restore Social App (iOS) works perfectly with Windows and Mac operating systems
How to create a backup of your Kik messages on iPhone using Dr.Fone – Restore Social App (iOS)
Here is a simplified guide on how to backup your Kik data.
01. As the first thing, you should download and install dr.fone Software on your computer. Then, you should select the option called “Restore Social App” located on the right-hand side.
02. Select the option labeled KIK Now, you should connect the device to the PC. This should be done through the USB connector. Be sure that you use the original USB cable to prevent potential interruptions.
03. Once the device is recognized by the computer, you will get a notification. It will ask whether you need to backup or restore. Since you are going to create a backup, you should select the option called “Backup“. Now, the program will start to function automatically. When the backup is on the process, keep the device connected to the computer.
04. Now that the backup process will complete, you should see another message saying “Backup Completed“. You can now view the backup if it is necessary.
Basically, there are two options to deactivate Kik account. You can either deactivate Kik with the expectation of coming back to it later or deactivate it permanently. After deactivating the Kik account, there are some consequences. For instance, you will lose your name will not be searchable and you won’t be able to message anyone. The name will be deleted from the contact lists of your friends. Regardless of the reason you want to deactivate Kik account, the process is pretty simple. In this section, we discuss how to deactivate Kik on the permanent and temporary basis.
Deactivate Kik account temporarily
If you expect to deactivate your account for a short period and come back later,
Temporary deactivation is ideal for when you want to stop using Kik for a while, but you will come back to it later. You can reactivate your account by simply signing in to your account. Here’s how to temporarily deactivate your account.
01. Open a web browser of your preference and go to the following link. https://ws.kik.com/deactivate
Then, you should enter the email address used to sign up for the respective Kik account.
02. You will get an email that contains a link. This link can deactivate your account.
Deactivate Kik account permanently
Before how to deactivate the account permanently, you should think about the decision once again. If you do this, your account will no longer be accessible. Also, you will never be able to send messages through the same account. Your username will be completely dispersed from Kik servers. Also, the profile of yours will be deleted from your friends’ contact lists. After deactivating the account, you cannot access any information related to your account. Also, your message history and contacts will be erased. In a nutshell, your account will be completely disappeared if you deactivate Kik permanently. So, if you think of deactivating your Kik profile, it is better to back up all the important data. You can use previously mentioned Dr.Fone – Restore Social App to do that. If you still want to deactivate your Kik account, you can follow these steps.
01. Open a web browser of your choice and visit the following link: https://ws.kik.com/delete
Then, you should provide the requested information mentioned on the webpage.
02. Now, you will get a confirmation email on the provided email address. Clicking on this link will guide you to deactivate Kik permanently.
And, that is how to deactivate Kik permanently or temporarily.
Now that you know how to deactivate Kik account let’s see how to delete Kik data from iPhone. In fact, deleting Kik data permanently from your iPhone is vital due to various reasons. Deletion of data related to your Kik account is particularly important before selling or donating your phone. Permanent erasure is different as opposed to regular deletion. After a regular deletion of data, anyone can use a data recovery software and retrieve it. The last thing you need is to have your data in the hands of a total stranger. However, if you can perform a permanent deletion, the data is unrecoverable. To do this successfully, you need the assistance of professional software. This is when software like iMyFone Umate Pro becomes handy.
iMyFone Umate Pro is one of the best tools you can find to delete data permanently. The data is completely unrecoverable when deleted using iMyFone Umate Pro. This is a really powerful, efficient and highly user-friendly software that comes with a lot of features. Umate Pro is the first and only app to erase app data from iPhones permanently.
Here are the key features associated with iMyFone Umate Pro
- It can perfectly erase all the deleted Kik files after you deactivate Kik account
- This software can clean the cache of all the apps installed in your iPhone
- It can check for private data and delete private data selectively
- Apart from Kik, it can delete data related to any other app including Facebook, WhatsApp, etc.
How to delete Kik data permanently from your iPhone
Now, here’s how to delete Kik data from your iPhone permanently.
01. Download iMyFone – Umate Pro and get it installed on the computer. Then, connect your phone to the same computer using a USB cable.
02. Open the Umate Pro app and go to the option labeled “Erase Private Data“.
03. At the completion of the scanning process, you can find the leftover private data in your device. If you intend to delete Kik data only, you should select Kik data and choose “Erase Now“.
So, that is how to deactivate Kik and erase data permanently from your smartphone.