Usually, we don’t expect to restart our Fitbit any soon. However, just like any other device, these Fitbits may give some problems from time to time. Well, that is why many users want to know how to reset Fitbit devices.
Fitbit devices come in a different model as you are already aware. Each of those models requires a different method to get restarted. In general, restarting a Fitbit should not take more than a couple of minutes. That means, restarting Fitbit is a pretty simple task for anybody. Switch to it for Fitbit Alta HR waterproof issues.
Why should you reset Fitbit?
As mentioned before, you don’t need to reset Fitbit on a regular basis. Nevertheless, some of the issues that occur on Fitbit should be fixed with a reset. Therefore, it is pretty handy for any user to learn how to reset Fitbit. If you know how to reset Fitbit, you don’t need to wander around after noticing the errors listed below.
- Your Fitbit tracker doesn’t synchronize properly
- Your Fitbit tracker becomes irresponsive to taps, swipes and even to button presses you make
- You cannot turn on the tracker even if it is fully charged
- Your Fitbit has stopped tracking the activities you do
One of the best things about restarting your Fitbit is that your data will remain safe. All the activities that are tracked will be stored in the device without any issue. In other words, it is not necessary to worry about your data if you reset your Fitbit tracker. Nevertheless, you should know that data like text, calls, and calendar notifications will be deleted upon a restart.
Now, from this point onwards, let’s learn how to reset Fitbit devices. We have listed down different Fitbit models and methods to reset them for your convenience.
Besides, here is the completed Fitbit Blaze vs. Versa comparison for your reference.
How to reset Fitbit Zip?
First, let’s take a look at how to rest Fitbit Zip. In fact, Fitbit Zip is a model that has a removable battery. Therefore, resetting Fitbit Zip can be done with a battery pull. Let’s see how to do it in the step-by-step method.
- Firstly, open the door to the battery on the backside of the device. Be sure that you use a battery door tool to do this.
- Then, remove the battery of the device.
- After removing the battery, you should wait for about 10 seconds.
- Then, put the battery back in the slot in a proper manner (“+” should face up).
- Then, you should close the door properly.
After following the above steps, you should see that your Fitbit is reset perfectly. You can notice that by seeing the version number on the device’s screen. The number will be accompanied by several smiley faces. Well, that’s all about resetting your Fitbit Zip device.
How to reset Fitbit One
Now, let’s see how to reset the Fitbit One model. This device doesn’t have a removable battery, so the approach is different from the previous.
- Start the process by plugging Fitbit One device’s charging cable to the computer. Be sure you use the original cable.
- Now, plug Fitbit One into the other end of the charging cable.
- Once everything is set, just press and hold the tracker’s button for about 10 seconds.
- Now, remove the device from its charging cable.
- Once the device is removed, you should press the tracker’s button once again.
- If everything goes right, your Fitbit One device must start within a couple of seconds.
How to reset Fitbit Flex
Flex is another popular version of Fitbit. Let’s see how to reset Fitbit Flex if it gives some trouble. To perform a reset on this device, however, you should have a paperclip ready.
- Firstly, plug your charging cable into the computer.
- Then, you should plug your Fitbit Flex device into the same charging cable.
- You will find a small pinhole on the back of the charger. Insert the paperclip into this hole.
- Just hold the paperclip for about 5 seconds (max).
- Now, your Fitbit Flex should be removed from the charging cable.
- You will be able to notice flashing LED lights for several seconds on your Fitbit Flex.
This is an indication of a successful resetting.
How to reset Fitbit Charge
If you use a Fitbit Charge device and wonder how to reset it, here’s what you should do.
- Just like with the previous device, you should plug the charging cable into the computer
- Now, plug your Fitbit Charge device into the same charging cable
- Now, you can press a button and hold it for about 10 seconds. You will then see that Fitbit Charger displays Fitbit icon on the screen. It will also display the version number on the screen.
- Once you see this information on the screen, you can release the button.
- You can start using the same device once again without any issue.
How to reset Charger HR
Let’s take a look at how to reset the Charger HR device.
- Plug the charging cable into the computer.
- Now, you should plug your device into the same charging cable.
- Once connected, press the button and hold it for about 10 seconds.
- You will see the Fitbit icon together with the version number on the device’s screen.
- Release the button when you see this information.
- Now, you can use the Charger HR without any issue.
How to reset Fitbit Alta
If you use a Fitbit Alta and you need to reset it, here’s how to do it.
- First, plug the charging cable of the device into the computer.
- Then, you should plug your Fitbit Alta device into the same charging cable.
- You should then press the button (located on the charging cable) for three consecutive times. Be sure that you leave a gap of about 8 seconds between each press. You can find this button towards the end of the charging cable.
- Once you see Fitbit logo on the screen, it’s time to unplug the device from charging cable.
Now, the device will be back in its normal mode.
How to reset Fitbit Blaze
In order to reset the Fitbit Blaze device, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Back and Select buttons simultaneously and hold them. Don’t release any of these buttons unless you see Fitbit logo on the device’s screen.
- After releasing the buttons, you should see that it works fine.
How to reset Fitbit Surge
You should follow these steps to get your Fitbit Surge device reset.
- Press the Back and Select buttons and hold them. Just like with the previous device, you should hold them until you see the logo on the device screen.
- Release the buttons, and you see the screen turns off.
- Now, you should wait for about 10 seconds.
- Press the Home button of the device and turn Fitbit Surge on again.
Now, your device should start working like a charm.
Well, this is how to reset the Fitbit device you are using. So, reset your Fitbit devices, rectify the potential errors and get back into your healthy lifestyle once again.