Is Line your main communication app to connect with your family, friends, and colleagues? If yes, then, you surely have plenty of Line messages stored on your phone, with most of them probably containing lots of important details and information. However, just like all types of data, specifically third-party app data, there is always the possibility that you will easily lose all of your Line messages. It could be because of different causes, ranging from a crash of the iOS system, of the app itself, or due to accidental deletion, or even being hacked by other malicious Line Hacker (How to Hack Line Messages). This is what makes it imperative to know how to restore Line chat history on iPhone.
There is no need to worry if you accidentally deleted or lost some of your important Line messages on your iPhone. This short guide will provide you with comprehensive recovery tool for restoring of your iPhone’s Line messages.
The Need for Retrieving Your Line Chat History on Your iPhone
Line is a free instant messaging app that makes your life more convenient and surprising. This supports making free international video or voice calls and sharing photos, contacts, videos, location details, and so much more anywhere and anytime.
To free some storage on your iPhone, you can clear up some useless files such as Line messages, app attachments, photos, and others. But, what if you deleted some of your important messages on your Line in your iPhone? Is there a way for you to retrieve them selectively?
Typically, the recovery of deleted Line messages from iCloud or iTunes backup is a great option provided that you made one. However, it is going to restore your entire backup files then wipe the existing data you have on your iPhone. Simultaneously, an iOS data recovery expert could give you some assistance when it comes on how to restore Line chat history on iPhone selectively without necessarily wiping.
However, for most users, and it could probably include you, the reasons why you lost your Line messages are not as equally important as the being able to retrieve them. When you have a backup on iCloud or iTunes, one option could be to restore your backup. But, as what you will discover, later on, these choices do have their own share of shortcomings. What you will need is a dependable but easy way of recovering your lost or deleted Line messages even when you don’t really have a backup. If it sounds impossible, it is only due to the fact that you lack the means for doing it. Continue reading to learn the means on how to get back your messages.
Part 1. How to Restore Line Chat History on iPhone with iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery
Losing or deleting your Line messages, particularly when you don’t have any backup, might feel like your world has finally come to an end. However, with the help of iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery, this doesn’t have to be the case. It is a unique iPhone data recovery tool that can help you when it comes to retrieving your data in just a matter of few easy and quick steps. As long as your lost data has not been overwritten it, the only thing you need to do is connect your iPhone to your computer, and iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery will then start recovering all of your missing Line messages.
- iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery can be used for recovering as much as 22 different kinds of data on your iPhone device, including photos, messages, contacts, WhatsApp messages Recovery, and so much more.
- This is completely safe to use. You don’t have to worry about putting your device or data at risk every time you use it.
- This can support the restoration not only of text messages but also audio messages and even attachments from your Line messages.
- This is compatible with all devices on iOS and is also available for both Windows and Mac OS.
Steps on How to Restore Line Chat history on iPhone with iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery
The whole process of recovery is very easy and can be done by anyone. However, before you start with the process, you first have to install this program on your PC. After you finished installing it, you can launch the program then proceed following the steps below:
1. On the primary window, choose the “Recover from iOS Device” option and click the “Start” option. In the next window, choose the kind of data you want to recover. For this instance, Line and proceed by clicking Next.
2. Then, the program will request that you connect your iPhone to the computer. Once the program recognizes your device, choose the Scan option. The process of scanning might take some time. If it’s done successfully, you must see all available messages on Line on your iPhone both available and deleted.
3. To preview deleted messages only, choose the option “Show Only Deleted Files“. Pick the ones you like to recover and choose the Recover option. Select a location on your PC for you to save the recovered messages.
Part 2. How to Restore Line Chat History on iPhone Through iTunes Backup
If you included the deleted messages on Line in your iTunes backup, you could have the option of restoring the device from the back to get these back. It might seem like a logical solution, yet it does have some pitfalls.
Restoring your device via iTunes often delete contents as well as settings, making this a less than ideal solution when there’s new data on the device. The process of restore might take a long time and could result in some errors on your iTunes that you will have to take care of this first.
With that said, here’s a guide to store an iPhone from an iTunes backup.
1. Open your iTunes on your PC and connect your iPhone with the use of a USB cable. Enter the password once prompted and then follow the provided instructions when you were asked the option to “Trust This Computer”.
2. If an iPhone appears in iTunes, click that and choose the option Restore Backup.
3. Choose the most important backup and click the option “Restore.” Type in your password if it is an encrypted backup and keep your device connected through the whole process. Keep your device connected when this restarts to enable it to sync with your computer.
Part 3. How to Restore Line Chat History on iPhone Through iCloud Backup
If you have an iCloud backup instead, learning how to restore Line chat history on iPhone is as simple as restoring your iPhone from iCloud backup. However, just as with the iTunes restore, you have to delete your device first that could result in data loss. Nevertheless, if it’s your only option, here is a guide on how you can do it:
1. First and foremost, ensure that you have a backup to start with. Go to your settings. Look for iCloud and then, Storage and Manage Storage. Tap your device under Backups to see backups. You may tell the newest through the date.
2. If you have a recent backup, you may use, delete the device. Proceed to your Settings. Find General and Reset. After that, choose the option “Erase All Contents and Settings.”
3. You must now be in the setup process. Follow the instructions on the prompts until you get to the screen of Apps & Data and choose the option “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
4. You should sign in to iCloud and pick the latest backup. Keep your device connected to WiFi through the whole process.
Among the methods to recover not only Line Messages, yet all kinds of data on your iPhone, the method of using iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery provides the most comprehensive and best solution.
Part 4. How to Restore Line Chat History on iPhone Through PhoneRescue
It is seen as one of the finest iPhone data recovery tools of a lot of users, and this PhoneRescue tool provides a way on how to restore Line chat history on iPhone without the need to restore your device or delete its original data. You can preview and choose the lost or deleted LINE messages before you recover.
Steps to Restore Line Chat History on iPhone without Backup Using PhoneRescue
PhoneRescue supports recovering the deleted Line messages from your iPhone directly. The first thing that you need to do is to download PhoneRescue and follow the detailed steps below:
- Open your PhoneRescue on your device and connect your device to your computer. After that, select Recover from iOS for you to proceed when scanning the deleted Line messages from your iPhone.
2. After the process of scanning is done, the deleted Line messages will show. You may choose the messages you wish to recover and click the option Recover to Computer or Recover to Device.
Aside from recovering erased Line messages from your iPhone selectively, PhoneRescue is capable of extracting every file you like in Line messages from iCloud backup or iTunes backup.