“I just switched to new iPhone 8, how to transfer data to new iPhone 8 from my old phone”– Asked by Timothy Kwoh.
Being the owner of the new iPhone 8 is like being ahead of everyone else in the sphere of technology. The updated software has been praised for being better than many PCs of today, the added speed and memory in which you can store hundreds of gigabytes are amazing. And finally, the most innovative processor and iOS software that has taken everyone’s breath away. But even when you have bought the new iPhone 8, it still does not feel complete. This is because it still does not have all of your data from your old phone.
All of your data are your memories in your hundreds of pictures, your videos that highlight certain parts of your life, your important documents, and thousands of your texts. Unless and until all of this data is transferred in your new iPhone 8, your new phone will not be personalized for you. It would be just a body without a soul.
So, how to transfer data to the new iPhone 8 might be what you would want to learn. And to teach you just that, we have written this article that will allow you to transfer all of your data from your old phone to your new iPhone 8. And yes, you can transfer your data regardless of the type of phone you had before your latest one. You can just as easily transfer all of your files from Samsung as you can from an iPhone. We will learn this through three different methods that you can follow below:
Part 1: How to transfer data to new iPhone 8 with dr.fone – Phone Transfer
To learn how to transfer the data from your old phone to your new one, we will use the dr.fone – Phone Transfer. dr.fone is software that allows you to transfer data from one device to another without hassle easily. It establishes a direct phone to phone connection. It enables you to transfer all types of data (including videos, photos, audio, contacts, messages, emails, etc.) with the touch of a button. This software is not just for iOS devices, as it has the ability to transfer data from any phone, whether it is Android or Windows. All types of devices can be used inside dr.fone – Phone Transfer. And here are a few more features of dr.fone – Phone Transfer:
- It can easily transfer all of your videos, calendars, contacts, photos, messages, and music from your old phone to your new iPhone 8 (Plus).
- You can also transfer all of your data from Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Motorola, and all generations of iPhone with ease.
- This software is easily compatible with LG, Sony, HTC, Samsung, Apple, Huawei, Nokia, ZTE, Motorola and all of their devices.
- You can even use this software with providers like Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and even Sprint.
- You can use this software on iOS 14 and Android 10.0.
- It is also completely compatible to be used with macOS 11 and Windows 10.
How to transfer data to new iPhone 8 by following the steps given below:
1. The first thing you need to do to begin the transfer of data from your old phone to the new one is by downloading dr.fone to your PC or Mac. You can do this by downloading it for free from the internet and installing it on your computer. Once it has done installing, you can launch it and open the application.
2. The second thing you need to do is enter “Phone Transfer” mode and then connect both of your phones, the old one and the new iPhone 8 to your computer with the help of different USB cables. Once you are done with that, wait for dr.fone to detect both of your devices.
3. Now, all you have to do to learn how to transfer data to the new iPhone 8 is to list your old phone as the source and the new iPhone 8 as the destination device. If it does not happen automatically, you can use the ‘Flip’ button to change the phones’ configurations.
4. Now, you can select all the data types that you want to transfer from your old phone to your new iPhone 8. Once you are done selecting all the data from your old phone, click on the “Start Transfer“, and the transfer of data will begin.
5. Once the transfer process is complete, all the data you selected will now be inside your new iPhone 8.
Now let’s take a look at another way through which you can perform the same task.
Part 2: How to transfer data to new iPhone 8 using iCloud.
If your old phone was also an iPhone, this method is for you since you can also use your iCloud account to transfer data from your old phone to your new iPhone 8. All you have to do is to follow the steps below:
1. The first thing you need to do is sign in to your iCloud account from your old iPhone and go to its backup option.
2. The second you reach there, turn on the iCloud backup feature and then click on “backup now“, once this is done, an immediate backup will be created inside your iCloud.
3. Now, open your new iPhone 8 and open iCloud from inside it.
4. Once you are done, click on “Restore it from iCloud“. You will now be able to transfer all of your old iPhone’s data to your new one.
This process is fast and can be used easily if you are already an iPhone user and have an existing iCloud account. Or else, you will have to create a new iCloud account to perform this. And on the other hand, this method cannot be used if you did not have an iOS device before buying the new iPhone 8.
Now, let us look at another method through which you can learn how to transfer data from your old phone to your new iPhone 8.
Part 3: How to transfer data to new iPhone 8 using iOS app
If you were an android user before buying the new iPhone 8, you should rejoice because Apple has created a dedicated application for that very purpose. This application is called the ‘Move to iOS‘ app. It lets you transfer data from your android phone to your new iPhone 8 using air. Just follow the steps below, and you will be able to do just that:
1. The first thing you need to do is open your Play Store application and download the Move to iOS app inside both of your phones.
2. Now, you will need to open the same application on both of your devices. Inside your iPhone 8, clock one moves data from Android.
3. By doing the task as mentioned above, a unique verification code will be displayed in front of you, add this code on your android device, and you will be able to choose all the data you wish to transfer.
4. A pop-up message will ask you if you are ready to begin the data transfer process, agree to it and let the transfer of data from your old phone to the new iPhone 8 (Plus) begin.
5. Wait for the process to complete; it will notify you when it is done.
So, you have learned how to transfer data to the new iPhone 8 in three different methods. Choose the one that suits you best, transfer all of your data from your old phone to your new iPhone 8 and enjoy the next development in technology.