So, you recently got yourself a new device, and this time, you decided to go for one running on Android. You’re excited to use it your new and shiny handset, but to find out that all of your playlists, songs, and all the movies and apps you purchased were left stuck in your iTunes Library. Now, that’s a big disappoint, right? Sadly, Apple doesn’t offer any solution on how to transfer music from iTunes to Android, and the same thing goes for Google.
Why do users need to suffer and carry the burden of the great gulf between these two platforms, after all? The truth is, there is really no reason for you to suffer the moment you discover some of the useful tricks & tips for an effective and efficient iTunes to Android transfer of your videos, songs, Podcasts, iTunes U, and so much more.
There happen to be four very simple and proven ways on how to transfer music from iTunes to Android. It is all up to you to choose which of these ways will work best for you.
1st Solution: How to Transfer Music from iTunes to Android with Just 1-Click by dr.fone
So that you can transfer all your movies, songs, iTunes U, Podcasts, and so much more from your iTunes Library to your Android phone or tablet, the fastest way would be to use a professional tool for transferring iTunes to your Android device. This is none other than the dr.fone – Phone Manager (Android) – iTunes to Android Transfer. This particular software will give you the chance to put iTunes Podcasts on Android & transfer your playlists, music, iTunes U, and Podcasts from iTunes to your Android phone in a single click. Also, you will also be able to transfer your movies, playlists, music, and others from your Android device back to your iTunes should you change your mind later on.
Just follow the steps given below to do this, and make the most out of this method for iTunes to Android transfer.
1. Launch the dr.fone software then connect Android device to your Windows or Mac computer.
2. Click on the “Transfer iTunes Media to Device” under “Phone Manager” Option before you click on the option that states Transfer iTunes to Device.
3. Here, you can opt to choose the whole library, or you can also pick the specific files that you would like to copy from your iTunes Library to your Android device. Once done, you can then click on the Transfer button. Just like that, you’re done!
This iTunes to Android Transfer tool – dr.fone – Phone Manager (Android) is fully compatible with the latest Android 8.1. With it, you can not only transfer music from iTunes to Android phones but also sync iPhone music with your Android phone directly and Backup Android Contacts, Photo, Music and More to Your Computer.
2nd Solution: Manual iTunes to Android Transfer
If you are familiar with iTunes Library, you are probably aware that you could actually arrange your iTunes media folder then save all of your files into the iTunes Media folder. It is this particular feature that you have to take advantage of. After all of the single songs have been copied into the folder, you can now get all of your iTunes songs into your new Android device with no hassle at all.
Here are the specific steps that you have to follow for using the iTunes media folder for transferring music from your iTunes library to your Android device.
1. Copy all of the files to the default iTunes Media folder.
Go to iTunes, then Reference, Edit, Advanced, then select the option that says Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library. When you do this, your videos, music, and the rest of your media files are going to be saved in the media folder automatically. This means that you will be getting the single files that you would like to transfer to an Android phone or tablet.
There are several default locations for the iTunes media folder, which include the following:
- Mac OS X: /Users/username/Music/iTunes/
- Windows 7: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes
- Windows 8: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes
- Windows Vista: C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes
2. Transfer your music from your iTunes library to your Android phone or tablet.
Look for the specific location of the iTunes media folder as mentioned above. Then, mount your Android device as an external hard drive using the USB cable. You should now click to open Computer or My Computer so that you can launch the SD card of your Android smartphone. Open the iTunes media folder so you can copy and paste the files into your Android device.
You have to take note here that Mac cannot detect Android tablets or phones in the same way that a Windows PC can do. For you to transfer iTunes to Android using your Mac, you will need to rely on a 3rd-party tool that will be able to help you out. dr.fone that was introduced above is a good example of such tool that would be worthy to try. In case you have no idea where you can turn for help, you might be better off if you just stick to the second solution.
- The good: This is a completely free method, and it is something that you could do on your own with no need to get the assistance of a 3rd-party tool or software.
- The not so good: First and foremost, this cannot transfer an iTunes playlist from iTunes to your Android devices. Secondly, if you have large files, this will occupy much space of the computer. Lastly, it takes a lot of time to transfer the music files to your Android 1-by-1.
3rd Solution: Use Google Play When Knowing How to Transfer Music from iTunes to Android
The method is widely used, so it is a reliable and applicable way for people to do that. The steps that are involved are the following:
- Users have to open Google Play Store in the web browser, then head to the My Music tab to start.
2. Download music manager by clicking the “Listen Now” button on the browser’s left panel.
3. Choose the upload music to Google Play, then choose Next.
4. Pick the iTunes library to ensure that it is scanned well. If done successfully, an Android device will be re-synced with Google Play music to sync content.
- The good: Android and Google Play combination is very good & stable.
- The not so good: For users who aren’t similar to Google Play music, the process is a bit hard to perform. If this services are down temporarily, the user can’t execute the process as this depends on the website to get the final results.
4th Solution: Top 3 iTunes to Android Transfer Apps for You to Choose
If you do not want to use desktop software and spend more time to transfer the videos/photos/music files from tons of folders to your Android manually, you may also try Android apps. Such apps allow you to sync iTunes to Android devices wirelessly. Below are the top four iTunes to the Android sync apps:
This makes it easier to lean the steps on how to transfer music from iTunes to Android wirelessly. When it comes to the content, you may sync music, DRM-free videos, playlists, ratings, and much more.
This is a small Android app. Through the use of this app, you can quickly sync iTunes MP3, songs, videos, podcasts, and playlists from Windows PC to an Android device over an internet connection. After finishing syncing, you will be easy to enjoy some iTunes music on your Android.
The amazing app enables you syncing iTunes in Mac or Windows OS with any Android device. This makes the process of syncing iTunes music via WiFi or through USB cables much easier. It will sync music, ratings, skip counts, play counts, last skipped date, last played date from the iTunes to Android device to keep the smart playlists updated.