iPhone Attempting Data Recovery During iOS 12 Update & It’s Stuck? – Fixed
Is your iPhone attempting data recovery during iOS 12 update and now it is stuck? It is needless to mention how frustrating such experience is. What you should know is that you are not alone if you experience such an issue. There are plenty of other individuals who are frustrated just like you after noticing that their devices are stuck. In fact, we have come across a large number of queries related to this issue from various users. So, we thought of composing an article to explain the way of solving the “iPhone attempting data recovery” issue.
According to many iPhone users, this issue has occurred when they try to update their device’s iOS through iTunes. Also, some of them have noticed this issue when they use iTunes to restore the device from backup. Regardless of the cause, you shouldn’t worry at all. With this article, we will cover highly practical solutions to address this issue. So, don’t panic or get frustrated – let’s sort it out for good.
1. The duration would take to complete the “Attempting Data Recovery on iPhone” issue
When your iPhone is attempting data recovery upon iOS update, you would wonder how long the process would take. In fact, any user would have the same question. The truth is that the duration would depend on the amount of data it has to deal with. If there are loads of data, you should obviously expect a considerable amount of time. On the other hand, the process would be completed within a couple of minutes if there is fewer data.
2. Fixing “iPhone attempting data recovery” that occurred during iOS 12 update
In many of the occasions, this issue might get resolved within some time (the duration might vary). You can see the progress of the process by observing the progress bar. But what if the progress bar doesn’t move and it seems like stuck forever? In fact, this is exactly when you should look for a resolution for this error. Well, the purpose of this article is to present you those remedies.
Method 1: Force Restart your iPhone to fix “iPhone attempting data recovery” during iOS 12 update.
One of the most basic but effective methods to solve this issue is a force restart. In fact, force restarting is a process that can solve a variety of issues in your iOS device. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to perform a force restart. Please note that this method varies depending on the version of the iPhone.
How to force restart an iPhone X, XR and XS
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Then, press and release Volume Down button again.
- Then, as the last step, press and hold the Side button of the device so you will see the Apple logo.
How to force restart iPhone 6 and older versions
- Press and hold Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Release both the buttons when you see the Apple logo.
How to force restart iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Release both the buttons when the Apple logo appears.
Method 2: Solve “iPhone attempting data recovery” during iOS 12 update using a third-party software
For many users, performing a force restart would do the trick. However, there are so many other users who don’t get that lucky. If you are in such a situation, you will have to look for a different alternative. This is when you would require the assistance of a powerful third-party tool.
As you might realize, there is no shortage of options when you shop around for iPhone repair tools. However, only some of those tools deliver what is promised. Therefore, it is compulsory to do a great deal of research before you select software to resolve any issue. However, have done the hard work for you (we did the research for you). And, we ended up finding two superb software solutions that can fix a variety of iOS related issues. The next paragraphs of this article explain these two software tools.
Option #01: iMyFone D-Back
Due to various reasons, iMyFone D-Back is considered to be one of the most efficient iOS repair tools. In fact, this software is mainly developed to handle data recovery tasks. That means this respective software has the ability to recover data from iOS devices under various conditions. It can also recover data from your iTunes or iCloud backups in addition to recovering directly from the device. But the best thing we have found about this option is that its ability to fix various iOS-related issues. Apart from recovering data, iMyFone D-Back can fix a wide range of errors that occur in your iOS devices. We can use this software to fix the aforementioned “iPhone attempting data recovery” issue effectively.
Features of iMyFone D-Back
Before jumping into the steps of solving the issue, let’s take a look at iMyFone D-Back’s main features.
- You can use it to fix a variety of issues that occur in your iOS device.
- It can address issues that might occur when updating your device to iOS 12. For instance, it repairs stuck in recovery mode, unable to install the update, unable to check for an update, etc.
- You can use this software to resolve iOS related issues without losing any data.
- This software comes with the recommendation of various professional organizations.
- The simple user interface that offers excellent convenience for users.
How to use iMyFone D-Back to fix “Attempting data recovery” issue
OKAY. Now, let’s take a look at the steps you should follow in order to fix the issue we discussed.
1. First, you should download and install iMyFone D-Back on your computer. Then, make sure that it is launched.
2. Then, connect the faulty iOS device into the same computer, and your device will be detected.
3. After entering the main device of the software, you should click on the option called “Standard Mode” under “Fix iOS System” on the left panel.
4. After launching “Standard Mode,” you should put your iOS device in DFU/Recovery mode.
5. Now you will see that the device is recognized by iMyFone D-Back software. Then, it will search for the latest firmware for the device. Once the firmware is detected, just click on the “Download” button so it will be downloaded. As you may realize, this is a very convenient way to find and download firmware into your iOS devices.
6. Now, click on the option “Start to Fix“. The software will fix all the potential issues including “attempting data recovery”.
How to get the disappeared data recovered using iMyFone D-Back
One of the biggest worries you might have after noticing an error in your device is data loss. In most of the cases, the device’s data tends to lose after fixing an error. If you have lost any data as a result of repairing, you can use iMyFone D-Back to fix it. Well, iMyFone D-Back is capable of recovering data that is lost due to various reasons. After all, it is a specialized data recovery software; we should remind. Well, if you have lost data due to iOS 12 update, follow the steps below to recover it.
1. Launch iMyFone D-Back on the computer and then click on the “Recover from iOS Device” option.
2. Click on the button labeled “Start” which can be found on the main screen.
3. Connect your iOS device to the computer using the original lightening code and let it be detected.
4. Hit “Next” to proceed to the next level.
5. Now, you should select the file types that are needed to be recovered. You can do this by checking the boxes next to each type.
6. Hit “Scan“.
7. At the completion of the scan, you will see a window with all the scanned data. These files can be previewed before recovering.
8. Hit “Recover” to start recovering.
9. Choose on which folder you should save the recovered data.
Option #02: Dr.Fone – Repair & Recover (iOS)
The second option we reveal in order to fix your iOS device is Dr.Fone – Repair (iOS). Just like the previous option we have mentioned, Dr.Fone too comes with great features to impress iOS users. If you want to fix your device but don’t want to factory reset it, Dr.Fone – Recover (iOS) is perfect.
Features of Dr.Fone – Repair (iOS)
- Fix your iOS device without causing any data loss.
- Address issues like White Apple Logo, restart loop, stuck in recovery mode, etc.
- It also can resolve issues related to iTunes.
- Works perfectly on all the iOS devices.
- It is compatible with even the latest iOS versions.
- Works on Windows and Mac operating systems.
Fixing your device with Dr.Fone – Repair (iOS)
Here’s how to fix the “iPhone attempting data recovery” issue using Dr.Fone – Repair (iOS) software.
1. Install and launch Dr.Fone on your computer.
2. Click on the option “Repair” and proceed.
3. Get your device connected to the same computer and Dr.Fone will detect the device. you can find two options: Standard Mode and Advanced Mode.
4. Then, Select a version and go on.
5. Put your device on DFU/Recovery mode.
6. Now the program will detect your device’s firmware, and then, you will have to press the “Download” button. Before that, you will have to provide some basic information as well.
7. Once the firmware is downloaded, hit “Fix Now” button.
8. The device will restart at the end of the process.
If your data is lost during the fix, here’s how to recover using Dr.Fone – Recover (iOS).
Just like the name suggests, Dr.Fone – Recover (iOS) helps to recover data that is lost due to various reasons.
Here are some important facts about Dr.Fone – Recover (iOS)’s data recovery feature.
- It has three recovery modes.
- Recover photos, contacts, videos, notes, SMS, etc.
- It can retrieve data from iCloud and iTunes backups.
- Selective data restoration from device, iCloud and iTunes backup.
- It works with pretty much all the iOS versions.
How to recover lost data using Dr.Fone – Recover (iOS)
1. Install Dr.Fone – Recover (iOS) and launch it.
2. Connect the device to the same computer and hit “Recover“.
3. Choose the type of the file you intend to recover and hit “Start Scan“.
4. Click on the files you intend to recover and click on “Recover to Computer“.
5. Then, the files will be saved on your computer.
Well, those are the ways you can try in order to resolve the issue “iPhone attempting data recovery“. As you noticed, both of those tools come with data recovery feature as well so they are pretty handy. We hope you’d like the information covered in this article.
If you have a problem with Stuck iPhone when updating iCloud settings to iOS 12, just click to know more.