Is your iPhone attempting data recovery during the iOS 12 update and now it is stuck? It is needless to mention how frustrating such an experience is.
What you should know is that you are not alone if you experience such an issue. There are plenty of other individuals who are frustrated just like you after noticing that their devices are stuck.
In fact, we have come across a large number of queries related to this issue from various users. So, we thought of composing an article to explain the way of solving the “iPhone attempting data recovery” issue.
According to many iPhone users, this issue has occurred when they try to update their device’s iOS through iTunes.
Also, some of them have noticed this issue when they use iTunes to restore the device from the backup. Regardless of the cause, you shouldn’t worry at all.
With this article, we will cover highly practical solutions to address this issue. So, don’t panic or get frustrated – let’s sort it out for good.
1. The Duration Would Take to Complete the Attempting Data Recovery on iPhone Issue
When your iPhone is attempting data recovery upon iOS update, you would wonder how long the process would take. In fact, any user would have the same question. The truth is that the duration would depend on the amount of data it has to deal with.
If there are loads of data, you should obviously expect a considerable amount of time. On the other hand, the process would be completed within a couple of minutes if there are fewer data.
2. Fixing iPhone Attempting Data Recovery that Occurred During iOS Update
On many occasions, this issue might get resolved within some time (the duration might vary). You can see the progress of the process by observing the progress bar. But what if the progress bar doesn’t move and it seems stuck forever?
In fact, this is exactly when you should look for a resolution for this error. Well, the purpose of this article is to present to you those remedies.
Method 1: Force Restart Your iPhone to Fix “iPhone Attempting Data Recovery” During iOS Update.
One of the most basic but effective methods to solve this issue is a force restart. In fact, force restarting is a process that can solve a variety of issues in your iOS device.
Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to perform a force restart. Please note that this method varies depending on the version of the iPhone.
How to Force Restart an iPhone X, XR, and XS
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Then, press and release the Volume Down button again.
- Then, as the last step, press and hold the Side button of the device so you will see the Apple logo.
How to Force Restart iPhone 6 and Older Versions
- Press and hold the Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Release both the buttons when you see the Apple logo.
How to Force Restart iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Release both the buttons when the Apple logo appears.
Method 2: Solve “iPhone Attempting DataRecovery” During iOS Update using a Third-party Software
For many users, performing a force restart would do the trick. However, there are so many other users who don’t get that lucky. If you are in such a situation, you will have to look for a different alternative. This is when you would require the assistance of a powerful third-party tool.
As you might realize, there is no shortage of options when you shop around for iPhone repair tools. However, only some of those tools deliver what is promised. Therefore, it is compulsory to do a great deal of research before you select software to resolve any issue.
However, have done the hard work for you (we did the research for you). And, we ended up finding two superb software solutions that can fix a variety of iOS-related issues. The next paragraphs of this article explain these two software tools.
Dr.Fone – System Repair & Data Recovery (iOS)
The second option we reveal in order to fix your iOS device is Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS). Just like the previous option we have mentioned, Dr.Fone comes with great features to impress iOS users. If you want to fix your device but don’t want to factory reset it, Dr.Fone – Recover (iOS) is perfect.
Features of Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS)
- Fix your iOS device without causing any data loss.
- Address issues like White Apple Logo, restart loop, stuck in recovery mode, etc.
- It also can resolve issues related to iTunes.
- Works perfectly on all the iOS devices.
- It is compatible with even the latest iOS versions.
- Works on Windows and Mac operating systems.
Fixing Your Device with Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS)
Here’s how to fix the “iPhone attempting data recovery” issue using Dr.Fone – Repair (iOS) software.
1. Install and launch Dr.Fone on your computer.
2. Click on the option “System Repair” and proceed.
3. Get your device connected to the same computer and Dr.Fone will detect the device. you can find two options: Standard Mode and Advanced Mode.
4. Then, Select a version and go on.
5. Put your device on DFU/Recovery mode.
6. Now the program will detect your device’s firmware, and then, you will have to press the “Download” button. Before that, you will have to provide some basic information as well.
7. Once the firmware is downloaded, hit the “Fix Now” button.
8. The device will restart at the end of the process.
If your data is lost during the fix, here’s how to recover using Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS).
Just like the name suggests, Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS) helps to recover data that is lost due to various reasons.
Here Are Some Important Facts about Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS)’s Feature.
- It has three recovery modes.
- Recover photos, contacts, videos, notes, SMS, etc.
- It can retrieve data from iCloud and iTunes backups.
- Selective data restoration from device, iCloud, and iTunes backup.
- It works with pretty much all the iOS versions.
How to Recover Lost Data using Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS)
1. Install Dr.Fone and launch it.
2. Connect the device to the same computer and hit “Data Recovery“.
3. Choose the type of file you intend to recover and hit “Start Scan“.
4. Click on the files you intend to recover and click on “Recover to Computer“.
5. Then, the files will be saved on your computer.
Well, those are the ways you can try in order to resolve the issue “iPhone attempting data recovery“.
As you noticed, both of those tools come with data recovery features as well so they are pretty handy. We hope you’d like the information covered in this article.