Many iOS device users don’t know what do to when they face an “iPhone frozen“, “this accessory may not be supported“, “Facebook messenger not working“ & “iPad frozen” situation. If you have experienced such an issue and feel really frustrated, we are ready to help you. Simply said, with this article, we will discuss what you must do when your iPhone frozen.
If your iPhone is frozen, keep in mind that you are not alone (at all). There are plenty of other iPhone users across the globe who experience the same issue. Although iPhones are generally recognized to be very reliable devices, they aren’t 100% error-proof. Just like any other smart device, even iPhones can experience some issues at least once in a blue moon.
The good news, however, is that there are several solutions to address this issue. From this point onwards, let’s see how to fix this issue for good.
- Part 1: What is the possible cause behind iPhone frozen situation?
- Part 2: What is the solution if “iPhone frozen” is caused by an app?
- Part 3: Perform a hard reset to address iPhone frozen issue
- Part 4: Fix “iPhone frozen” issue using a professional repair tool without causing any data loss
- Part 5: What if the iPhone frozen due to a hardware issue?
Before we take a look at the fixes, let’s figure out the possible causes behind iPhone frozen issue. Listed below are some of the most common causes behind this issue.
- Your iPhone doesn’t have enough space to function smoothly
- The last software update is interrupted or failed
- Your iOS device has become a victim of a malware
- Faulty jailbreaking process
- Unstable app functionality
- Too many apps running at once
- Outdated iOS version
- Restart loop on the device
Well, in the event of an iPhone frozen situation, it is obviously unresponsive. It will not boot, and you will not be able to use any apps on the iPhone.
In addition to that, the iPhone can become unresponsive due to hardware issues as well. Nevertheless, the purpose of this article is to help you fix software related issues on your iPhone.
When your iPhone frozen due to the functionality of an app, here’s what you should do. To determine the issue, you should observe if the iPhone becomes frozen when you launch a particular app. If that is the case, here’s what you must do.
Close the app forcefully
To eliminate the potential issues caused by a certain app, you must close the respective app. To close a malfunctioning app, you will have to do it forcefully. And to make it happen, you should double press the Home Button of the device and go to App Switches. Then, you will have to swipe the app upwards to close it forcefully.
Perform an update on the malfunctioning app
If you have found the malfunctioning app, you can try to update it and see if the problem gets solved. To update an App, you must go to the App Store and then tap on “Updates”. If there is an update, it will be displayed next to each app. To update, you can tap on “Update” option beside the outdated app. If you need to update all the apps, you should press “update all” button.
Delete the malfunctioning app
If you have a malfunctioning app that doesn’t work well even after an update, you should delete it. To delete the app, you can tap and hold on the icon for a couple of seconds. Once the app icon starts to wiggle, tap on the red color icon to confirm the deletion.
Clear the app data
Before taking any serious measures, you should try clearing the app data associated with the faulty app. Clearing app data can fix minor glitches without needing you to take advance steps. To clear the app data, you should follow the path mentioned below.
Go to the Settings app and select General option. Then, go to Storage and tap on the app you need to fix. Then, select the option “Clear App’s Cache” from the list. Confirm the option to clear all the cache data of the app. Then, restart the app and check if the issue is fixed.
Reset all the settings of your iOS device
If you don’t see a satisfactory result after performing the above methods, you should opt to Reset the settings. After resetting the device, the settings on your device will be completely erased. But it will not affect the saved data on your iOS device. So, resetting the settings will not affect your data. Here’s how to reset the settings.
Open the Settings app and go to General option. Then, go to Reset and tap on the option labeled “Reset all Settings”. Provide the passcode when prompted. In fact, this option will solve many glitches associated with the iOS device.
If you are yet to succeed in finding a solution, you should perform a hard reset. As a result of a hard reset, you will break the existing power cycle of the device. Such a process can resolve a variety of software glitches associated with your iOS. In fact, many users claim that hard reset works for them in resolving a variety of issues.
Here’s how to perform a hard reset on your iPhone depending on the model.
For iPhone 6 and older versions
Press and hold the power button and home button simultaneously. Hold the buttons for about 10 seconds and release the button when you see the Apple logo.
For iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
Press and hold the power button and Volume down button simultaneously. Hold those buttons for about 10 seconds to see the phone restarting.
For iPhone 8 (Plus), X, XR and XS (Max)
This process can be somewhat complicated for many users. So, please read it carefully.
Press the volume up button and release it quickly. Then, do the same thing with Volume down button as well. Next, you should hold the Slide button (power button) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
When you fix a frozen iPhone, there is a risk of losing your data depending on the method used. In particular, a hard reset can make your data disappeared. If you have saved valuable information in your iOS device, it is better to use a special method. This is when a tool like dr.fone – Repair becomes handy. This special software has the ability to repair a variety of issues related to your iOS device. This software, in fact, comes as a part of the dr.fone toolkit. Thanks to the special mechanism of this software, it can address various errors found in the iOS device. More importantly, this respective software doesn’t cause any data loss.
When you have this software, you can follow an easy guideline and get the iPhone unfrozen fast. It can save plenty of time for you as well. It is developed to be compatible with all the leading iOS devices and iOS versions in the market today.
Features associated with dr.fone – Repair
Here are some of the most notable features associated with dr.fone – Repair
- Can unfreeze your iPhone within a quick time without losing data.
- It can address various iOS related issues. For instance, issues like stuck in recovery mode, white apple logo, stuck on restart loop, black screen, etc.
- Can fix various errors associated with iTunes as well
- Works perfectly with all the iPhones, iPads and iPods
- Works on Windows and Mac computers
Compared to the risky repairing methods, you can rely on dr.fone – Repair as a very safe option. Apart from repairing your device, dr.fone – Repair can seamlessly update the iOS software into the latest edition. Well, here are the options you should follow in order to repair your iOS device.
1) Download and install dr.fone – Repair on your computer. Then, launch the software and select “Repair“.
2) Connect the device into the iOS device using the cable and click on the option “Start“.
3) The app will now detect the iPhone. Just press the “Next” button to proceed.
4) Boot the device into DFU mode. You will get onscreen instructions to do so.
5) After entering the DFU mode, in the next window, you will have to provide some basic information.
6) After entering that information, you can click on the “Download” button.
7) You will then have to wait for a while and let the application download the firmware. Be sure that the connection is on until the process is completed.
8) After downloading the firmware, you will get a notification. To resolve it, you can click on “Fix Now” option. Then, make sure that you enter “Retain Native Data” option.
The device will now get restarted without any error. At the end of the repairing process, you can remove the device from the computer and use it.
Many of the users are lucky enough to get their iPhones repaired using one of the above methods. A method like dr.fone – Repair can surely fix pretty much all the software glitches associated with your iPhone.
However, if the issue has occurred due to a hardware issue, you won’t get that lucky. Instead, you will have to visit an authorized Apple service center. You should not try to open the device by yourself and try to repair it. Such an approach is too risky, and the device will be exposed to more damages.
Well, those are the methods you can use to overcome iPhone frozen situation easily. We hope the information in this article would be of any use for our readers. Good luck!