With the common availability of knowledge, competence has also stepped up, colleges, universities all over the world provide a promising future to their students. In addition, these institutes, on the basis of their quality, provide not only field related education but, fortunately, also prepare their students for how to handle struggle in the possible future. Education has grown to new levels; every other day, new experiments are being conducted by their administrators to provide the best of facilities. In such an environment, to be the best, several institutes appear to stand out from the rest.
This blog will shine on an eccentric list of Top 25 medical colleges in India, which has 479 medical schools with an annual contribution of 67,218 MBBS students alone. This list provides consultancy to the seekers if they want to enroll in one of these renowned institutions. The list of Top 25 medical colleges in India is particularly designed by keeping a few elements in thought:
- i. Quality of students
- ii. The number of publications
- iii. The effectiveness of teaching and careful understanding by students
- iv. Industry interface
One of the most trusted methodologies to choose the best college, The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) categorizes these 25 medical institutions into eight parameters:
- i. Teaching
- ii. Graduation outcome
- iii. Learning process
- iv. Outreach and
- v. Professional practices
Let us have a look at this list of the MEDICAL COLLEGES IN INDIA.
1. AIIMS, New Delhi – Top 1 Medical College in India
AIIMS enjoys its position in Top 25 medical colleges in India, which makes it one of the most desirable institutes in India. Having known for its outstanding and matchless facilities, AIIMS treats around 3.5 million patients each year. Even thou, it has a defined class of its self, the institute clearly has a subsided
The tuition fee for her students. If you’re looking for quality education with modern facilities, AIIMS is for you. Not only it offers B.A. of1
- i. Optometry
- ii. Surgery
- iii. Medicine
- iv. M.D-M.S
- v. M.D.S
However, it does not put a stop there. You can enjoy the knowledge it delivers on other courses in-stream as well, e.g.
- i. Biochemistry
- ii. Anatomy
- iii. Physiology
- iv. Nuclear medical technology etc.
It might come to many of you as a shock, but this college enrolls only 70 students per year.
Admission Process, 2020
- i. The admission criteria, before 2020, was to go through AIIMS MBBS entrance exams; however, the amendment has been made by placing NEET-UG 2020 instead of AIMMS MBBS by NTA.
- ii. For students interested in PG and super-Specialty courses, the achieved marks in Common Entrance Examination AIIMS PG 2020 will be considered.
- iii. All of the above-mentioned entrance is examinations will be through “Online Computer Based Test” only.
- iv. However, for enrollment in Ph.D. students must eligible to pass at least one entrance test in previous two years among Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF, ICMR-JRF, ICMR-SRF, DBT-JRF, DBT-SRF, NBHM screening test, GATE, INSPIRE fellowship, UGC-JRF, UGC-SRF, CSIR-JRF, CSIR-SRF, DST-JRF & SRF.
2. PGIMER, Chandigarh – Top 2 Medical College in India
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research is one of the leading names of medical colleges in India. It provides:
- i. Educational Research
- ii. Medical facilities
- iii. Training facilities
In addition to its postgraduate and undergraduate courses, it also offers Specialist courses. Overwhelming medical assistance could be found here.
The entrance exams for PGIMER has held twice a year enrollment in various programs such as MD/MS, DM/MCh, House job, etc. The official website of the school could be used in order for guidance as well as admission. Depending on your choice of selection, the criteria vary: however, qualifying the entrance exams is essential in all of the course streams.
3. Christian Medical College, Vellore – Top 3 Medical College in India
This institute dates back as one among the oldest and prominent private medical institutes in India, built-in 1900. It offers:
- i. Specialized undergraduate courses
- ii. B.A. in Prosthetic and Orthotics
- iii. Audiology and Speech-language pathology
- iv. M.B.B.S
- v. Post and undergraduate diploma courses
Schedule of NEET-UG (2020) by NTA (2020)
|Entrance Name||NEET UG 2020|
|Registration Dates||2nd to 31st December 2019|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||27th March 2020|
|Mode of Examination||Pen and Paper based|
|Date of Examination||3rd May 2020|
|Date of Announcement||4th June 2020|
4. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal – Top 4 Medical College in India
This known medical college is a self-financed institute located in Karnataka. It is linked with the Manipal Academy of Higher Education. It proposes
- i. M.B.B.S
- ii. M.S.C
- iii. M.D
- iv. M.S
- v. M.Ch
- vi. PhD
- vii. M.PHIL and advance training programs
MBBS NEET is to be cleared for enrollment.
Everything you need to know
- i. It was founded and established in the year 1955.
- ii. It has an inexhaustible land of 31 Acres.
- iii. The faculty member number stretch up to 396.
- iv. The number of students per year enrollment is 2062.
5. King Georges Medical University, Lucknow – Top 5 Medical College in India
King George V, Prince of Wales, but the foundation of this prestigious institution. However, its first name was Chhatrapati Shahji Maharaj Medical University.
- i. Under and Postgraduate courses
- ii. MBBS
- iii. BDS
- iv. MDS
A cherry on the cake, it is well thought for its good infrastructure.
6. Jimper Puducherry
Built-in 1823, the Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Educational and Research, is marked as one of the oldest institutes of India and one of the best medical colleges in India. It provides Post and Undergraduate courses in 37 disciplines. It also has a working hospital that provides an inexpensive experience for the patients. And it has its own entrance test and holds power to administer its own administration.
- i. Boys hostel
- ii. Library
- iii. Cafeteria
- iv. Medical/Hospital
- v. IT infrastructure
- vi. Alumni Association
- vii. Girls hostel
- viii. Sports
- ix. Auditorium
- x. Laboratories
7. BHU Varanasi
Institute of Medical Science Banaras Hindu University is one of the well-known medical colleges in India, built-in 1960. It provides a helping hand in under and postgraduate courses. It is approved by the Medical Council of India, Government of India.
- i. Intellectual mind knowledge
- ii. Practical life preparations
- iii. Libraries
- iv. 24 by seven health care
- i. MBA
- ii. MBBS
- iii. BPA
- iv. B.ED
- v. B.SC
- vi. B.A
- Year 1= 30767
- Year 2= 4250
- Total= 35017
8. Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi
It enjoys the status of a deemed university as well as a mono-super specialty hospital for liver and biliary diseases. The government of the National Capital Territory of India laid the foundation of this institute in 2009. It accepts only 24 students per year.
- i. Liver
- ii. Pancreas
- iii. Biliary tract oncology urology
- i. This Co-Ed university in Delhi under private ownership.
- ii. It has been certified by a renowned and well established NAAC A, with approval from UGC.
- iii. The school covers 7 acres with the total enrollment number of 52 per year.
9. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh
Built-in 1962, JNMC is marked as one of the oldest and top-ranked medical institutes in Uttar Pradesh. It is known for its statutory body of Aligarh Muslim University. It offers under and postgraduate courses.
In a survey conducted by India Today- Neilson, in 2016, JNMC held the rank of being12th renowned medical college in her category comprising of 400 competitors. The maxim of its foundation is to train medical officers in the most rigorous manner that will ensure a better future for the upcoming generation, because of which JNMC has earned herself a name in 25 top medical colleges in India.
10. Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai
It has prominent status in South India. As one of the top bets medical colleges in India, it covers an inexhaustible land of 175 acres. And it’s affiliated with Sri Ramachandra University. It presents:
- i. MMS
- ii. MD
- iii. MSc
- iv. Medicine
- v. MA of surgery
11. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
Has a name for its good staff, modern technology, and quality education, JM was built in 1962, Qualified and devoted staff makes it possible to provide assistance to students. Like other medical colleges in India, it provides under and postgraduate courses.
- i. JEE Main score will determine your chances for this university for BTech program.
- ii. MBBS admissions are on the basis of NEET-UG, while for MD-MS, interested candidates must go through NEET PG.
- iii. For MPT-MOT inclined students, entrance exams must be qualified.
- iv. University also agrees to receive Lateral entry for Btech and MCA courses.
12. M.S Ramaiah and Gokula Education Foundation
It started in 1979. It offers
- i. MBBS
- ii. MS
- iii. BPT
- iv. DM
- v. MS
- vi. MPT
- vii. MD
- viii. MCH
- ix. PhD
- x. PG diploma
It is associated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
13. Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
Made its debut into the competition in Nov 2001, this institute is attached to Safdarjung hospital for clinical indoctrinating. It also holds the title for the largest Delhi government hospital. It is loaded with the latest facilities. The college is affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh IP, University Delhi. It hires 100 students per year.
It has accommodation of
- i. 1000 beds
- ii. hostel
- iii. mess facility
- iv. ATM
- v. Well maintained libraries
14. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum
Its foundations laid in 1963, it is one of the forbearer medical university in Karate and top best medical colleges in India. It is aligned with the State of Unitary Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. Beside MBBS and MD, it proposes 42 other courses.
- i. Pharmacology
- ii. Microbiology
- iii. Community Medicine
- iv. Pediatrics
- v. Pathology
- vi. Physiology
- vii. Ear, Nose, Throat
- viii. Cardiology
- ix. Forensic Medicine
- x. Medicine
15. University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi
Inaugurated in 1971, UCMS is in league with Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital. It offers:
- i. MBBS
- ii. MD
- iii. Latest facilities for its patients
Disregarding MBBS, it offers 42 other courses.
|YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3||YEAR 4||YEAR 4|
|7045 INR||5295 INR||5295 INR||5295 INR||22930 INR|
16. KMC Mangalore
Bricks laid by TMA in 1953, KMC joined hands with Manipal Academy of Higher Education. It cradles the privilege to be the first private self-financing section to offer under and postgraduate training facilities. It also holds the honor to offer a Ph.D. in six subjects along with diplomas.
- i. 50 percent aggregate in 10+2, A level or IB.
- ii. The final selection is on the basis of NEET or KCET.
17. Punjab University, Chandigarh
Initiated in 1822, it has ancestral history and provides a diverse set of courses. It offers:
- i. BDS
- ii. BHMS
- iii. MBB
- iv. MF
- v. B. Pharm
- vi. M. Pharm
AICTE has given them approval while the institute has the credits of NAAC.
- i. Based on 250 acres
- ii. Highly efficient WI-FI in the building
- iii. Large classrooms for a better experience
- iv. 24 by seven medical availability
18. Dr. D.Y Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
Build-in 1996, it has the honor of being the first private medical college of Maharashtra and one of the bes medical colleges in India.
It extends courses in:
- i. MBBS
- ii. M.S
- iii. MCH
- iv. DM
- v. Diploma in T.B
- vi. M.D
- vii. PhD
19. Siksha O Anusandhan, Bhubaneswar
It was raised in 1996. It has an impressive performance while offering 60 courses simultaneously. In order to enroll, one has to pass SAAT.
Infrastructure and Transportation
- i. For better accommodation, there are two boys’ hostels and two girls’ hostels. The annual fee stretches to 42000 INR.
- ii. Food mess charges about 30000 INR.
- iii. Bus transport for students
20. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
KIIT is a self-reliance institute, rose in 1992. AICTE, New Delhi bar Council put forwarded their approval to KIIT. A sister branch called Kalinga Institute providing dental courses. KIIT initiated MBBS, later on, in 2007. It is also blessed with a working hospital.
- i. There are enough faculty members to assist you around 1490.
- ii. The total number of students sum up to about 20,815.
- iii. It is a private university
- iv. The research publication ratio is high.
21. PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Coimbatore
D.S Govindaswamy Naid and sons charities out the foundation of this institute in 1985. By its establishment, Tamilnadu was blessed with its first teaching hospital. Outstanding and modern facilities make it a visiting hub. It is aligned with Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical, Chennai. Put post and undergraduate courses forwards.
- i. The application students should have at least 60 percent in standard 12th.
- ii. Entrance exams of NEET-UG should be qualified in order to become eligible.
In order to proceed in MD/MD diploma courses, the candidates must hold an MBBS degree.
|Diploma in Medical||Two years||60k|
|Doctor of Medicine||Three years||252k|
|Doctorate of Medicine||Three years||600k|
22. SRM University, SIMS, Chennai
It was laid down in 2004 by the Associate Institute of SRM Group. Post and undergraduate are its domain along with MBBS.
- i. B.E
- ii. BBA
- iii. B.A
- iv. Pharma
- v. MD
- vi. M.Eds. etc.
- i. Law
- ii. Engineering
- iii. IT and Software
- iv. Architectures and planning
- v. Design
23. Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry
It was built in 2001 and got affiliated with Shri Balaji Vidyapeeth. It also extends an academically inclined environment, in addition to the high state-of-the-art study, and facilitates patients in the best possible manner. An attractive element is also its affordable fee structure for its students and patients.
- i. MGH has the title to perform the most crucial treatment in Pancreas, Cadaver Transplant, incompatible kidney, and Liver transplant.
- ii. MGH has also put its hands on the most complex surgery liver transplant.
- iii. This best medical college in India is the only and sole private hospital to aligned an MoU with Inaya Foundation
- iv. MGH has a position of high services for its patients and quality of education for the students.
24. Annamalai University, Chennai
It has the privilege of being a unitary and residential university. And it also supervises Rajah Muthiah Medical College, which is titled after Doctor Rajah Sir Ammamalai of Chettiar. And it initiated its contribution in 1985 with all its sophisticated machines and facilities with 1400 beds for patients. In addition to MBBS and BDS, it also provides courses on:
- i. BPT
- ii. BSc
- iii. MSc
- iv. MPT
- v. Diplomas
- i. Undergraduate interested students will be enrolled on the basis of marked gained in 10+2.
- ii. The entrance exams, which are conducted by the university, would determine your admission to Postgraduate.
- iii. In order to qualify for B.Ed. and M.Ed., one needs to secure high marks in UG Or PG examinations.
25. Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana
Also goes with the name Arya Medical College, this institute was built in 1964. It shook hands and got affiliated with Baba Farid University of Health and Sciences. It contributes to:
- i. MBBS
- ii. MD
- iii. MS
- iv. PG diploma
- i. The fee structure of Dayanand Medical College ranges from 200000 yearly to 12, 00000 per annum.
- ii. B. Sc. nursing could be achieved by 120,000 INR a year.
For MS, the admission fee ranges from 200,000 to 1,000,000 a year, Super-Specialties courses.
See, that’s the top 25 medical colleges in India for you.