Over the past few years, computer users have had to come to terms with the fact that every single data type can be corrupted. In the past, we expected only program files, text files, and any Microsoft office files, to be corruptible. Whatever the reason for people believing this, we may never know. In fact, any file stored on your computer or handheld device can fall victim to corruption. That being said, MP4 corruption isn’t as common as other data types, although it’s still very likely to happen to you. With that in mind, our focus for this article will be MP4 video repair and how to Repair MP4 Video and deal with a corrupt MP4 file.
Why MP4 Video Repair?
You may be wondering, “Why to use the MP4 format rather than AVI or the other video formats out there?”. This is a real question. AVI and WMV formats are more common, but they aren’t compatible with mobile devices, specifically, devices that run iOS.
The most common reason for users having MP4 files is that they plan on syncing them onto their iOS device through iTunes, and unless the format is MP4, iTunes won’t allow this.
On top of that, many people who create videos to upload to the internet choose to record them in MP4 format. This may be because they record the video with their iOS device, or it could be for preference.
Besides, click here to find out how to Convert MP4 To WAV effortlessly.
Issues with MP4
If you experience any of the issues below with an MP4 file, it’s a good idea to look into MP4 repair.
- If your computer has recently been infected, some files may not be accessible due to infection.
- While watching an MP4 file, it suddenly stops playing or you cannot play it past a certain point.
- If you had accidentally formatted the storage device where the file was stored and had to stop the format immediately, the file might be corrupt.
- Recording a video on a device which is indicating that it has a “low battery” could result in a corrupt file.
If you have encountered any of these things, look into MP4 video repair immediately.
Repairit Video Repair – Repair Video in 1-Click
If you are experiencing the corruption of your important or favorite MP4 videos and really want to repair them effortlessly and fast, you should first try Repairit Video Repair, which is the best tool to repair MOV, MP4, 3GP videos in any common causes: file header corruption, changes in format, improper system shutdown, virus attacks file read and write errors, improper download & compression issues.
One-Click to Repair Damaged MP4 Videos
- Easily repair corruptions in the sound section, MP4 video header, and movement;
- Repair corrupted files & errors in your MP4 video slider movement & frames;
- Effortlessly repair damaged MP4 file on MacOS 10.9 – 11 and Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10.
Using MP4 Video Repair Tool – Stellar Video Repair to Repair MP4 File
For this method, we will walk you through each of the steps you must take for an MP4 repair. The program which we are going to be using for this method is “Steller Video Repair“.
Before we jump into the steps to MP4 repair, you must download and install the Stellar Video Repair tool.
If it is already installed, you can start to repair MP4 with the method now.
#1 – Open up the program and let it load up. In the center of the display will be a button labeled “Add File“. To get started, click on this button.
#2 – On the next display which appears, you will be provided with all the tools that you need for this process.
#3 – To add a video to the MP4 repair queue, click “Add” at the bottom left. Due to this built-in queue feature, you can repair multiple MP4 files at once without repeating the process.
Note: if you accidentally add a video that isn’t corrupt or that you don’t want to have repaired, click on the video on the list, and click “Remove” at the bottom left.
#4 – After adding each of the videos to the list, you will see the file name, the file path, the file format, and the size of the file. Click on the “Repair” button to get started.
#5 – As the process goes on, you will be able to see the overall progress of the video repair and the status of each video. This allows you to get a rough idea of how long is left.
#6 – Once all of the videos are repaired, you must choose a save location. Click on the “Save” button at the bottom right, followed by selecting where you want to have them stored.
#7 – After selecting the storage location, each of the MP4 files will be repaired, and you will have full access to them once again.
As you can tell, there isn’t anything complicated about this MP4 video repair process, and if you’re worried about not being able to use this method yourself once you have purchased the program, go ahead and download the free version of the program.
With the free version, you can experience this method for yourself and get an idea of the other features it has to offer.
Other Video Repair Features
On top of being able to repair a damaged or corrupt MP4 file, Stellar Phoenix Video Repair contains features that help you do so many other damaged or corrupt file repairs on Mac or Windows. Some of these file repair features include:
- If an MP4 video file contains a header corruption, this program can repair it.
- Audio corruption goes alongside video corruption and if an audio track is corrupted or damaged, Stellar Video Repair can do MP4 video repair, AVI repair, MOV Repair, and other HD video repair easily.
- Unlike other programs, with this MP4 repair tool, you can use it on virtually all OS versions out there.
- If your MP4 video file contains only a few corrupt frames which are preventing you from watching the entire video, don’t worry about it. With Stellar Repair for Video, individual frames can be repaired.
You’ve probably caught on by now that the purpose of this program is not only to fix any corrupt issues with MP4 files but to make them usable again. No matter the issue you’re having, if you’re struggling to access an MP4 file due to a corruption issue, we can help you.