There are many users who want to know how to edit MTS files easier and faster. One of the main challenges they face, in this case, is finding a good MTS video editor. So, we composed this article revealing the best tools that can edit MTS files for your reference.
The requirement to edit MTS files
In general, we all love to preserve our precious moments using different types of methods. Recording videos is one of the most widely used methods because videos bring back memories in real-life. In many cases, you will come across the requirement of editing those videos due to some reason or another. For instance, you will want to cut unwanted parts, merge two clips together or crop a video.
Also, you might need to add some filters or effects to those videos just to make them look better. That said, to edit a video file, you obviously need a special video editing tool. It is true that there are plenty of video editing tools in the market. However, choosing a video editor from this large collection can be an intimidating target for you. Before choosing an application, you should do plenty of research as well. But you can leave that worry aside and keep reading this article. This article comprises the best MTS video editor tools available in the modern-day market.
Introduction to MTS files
In simplest terms, MTS is the abbreviation for MPEG Transport Stream. This specific file format utilizes MPEG-4 / H.264 compression. Moreover, it is compatible with both 720p and 1080i HD video resolutions.
When it comes to the audio content on MTS, it may be compressed using Dolby AC-3 codec. If not, it might be saved using uncompressed linear PCM audio format. These files are compatible with 2-channel stereo and 5.1 surround sound.
Some of the video players and video editors might not support this file format. So, you are supposed to find specific players that are compatible with MTS.
Besides, click here for the full HitFilm Express review.
Best MTS Video Editor tools to edit MTS file
In this section, we list down the best tools to edit MTS files with ease. All these tools come with impressive features, powerful functionality, and greater compatibility with all the leading file formats. At the end of this list, we provide you a comparison to give you a better idea about them.
Wondershare Filmora is considered to be one of the most powerful video editing tools in the market. Although it has a very simple user-interface, the performance and features of this tool are so professional. In a way, it is a perfect combination of user-friendliness and efficiency. It works perfectly on both Windows and macOS platforms. To make the process more efficient, Wondershare Filmora comes with two different modes to choose from. You can choose Easy Editor Mode or the Full Featured Mode. Users can decide with which mode to choose depending on the requirement. This tool can be ranked as one of the prominent options to edit MTS files considering all those reasons.
- Filmora is a highly versatile tool that can be used even to edit photos for videos. That is in addition to editing videos and audios.
- It offers features such as Picture-In-Picture videos, transitions, adding and editing titles, and so on.
- You can use this tool to separate audio content from videos and edit them separately. Then, you can merge the edited audio files to the video.
- Wondershare Filmora is a superb tool for converting videos.
- This tool is compatible with a wide range of file types as well.
- You can share videos directly from Filmora to social media platforms like Facebook and YouTube.
- You can use Filmora to download videos from a large range of websites, convert them or edit them.
02. Apple iMovie
This is another free video editor that is available by default with the macOS. In fact, a newer version of iMovie is released with each of the macOS. It is true that Apple iMovie is free. However, the free version of iMovie can be found with the newer macOS versions only. If you want to get it without necessarily moving to a new macOS, you should purchase it. In general, the features of iMovie are superb and handy enough for a free application.
Features of Apple iMovie
- You can create One Step Effect using iMovie.
- It is compatible with both 3D and 2D video formats.
- It works well with audio encoding.
- You can use this app to create movie trailers as well.
- Compatible with file formats such as MP4, M4V, and MOV files.
- You can use it to share videos directly on online platforms.
Avidemux is another useful tool that works well for video editing tasks. It’s a highly versatile tool that comprises various features to impress users. You can use it on any of the known operating systems, and it operates smoothly on those platforms. On top of all those impressive features, you can use this tool for free. It allows you to cut, crop, and edit videos with ease. You can use it as an MTS video editor thanks to its wide compatibility. Videos and audios can be encoded perfectly with Avidemux.
Features of Avidemux
- Very smooth audio editing features.
- You can use it to control the subtitles of the videos.
- Perfect conversion between several different formats.
- You can use it to save the whole project as a single file.
- You can use a single interface for any video editing task.
04. Blender MTS Video Editor
Blender is known as one of the best video editing tools with plenty of features since 2002. In fact, this tool is known as a 3D video editor. It is mainly used for purposes such as modeling, animating, rigging, simulation, and so on. You can use this application more effectively for 3D video creation. The overall popularity of this application is very impressive. This tool has a pretty unique interface. Even if you hardly have any experience related to video editing, you can master Blender pretty easily.
Features of Blender
- Fully featured, advanced tools for simulation.
- Advanced tools so you can create perfect animated bodies.
- You can merge multiple scenes using this file.
- You can use it to borrow video content that is already created and saved.
- You can use it nearly on any OS.
- It consumes a very small amount of space.
05. HyperEngine AV MTS Video Editor
This is a lightweight yet powerful application that comes with unique features to edit MTS files. You can use this tool to create aspects such as slideshows as well. You can find plenty of useful features inside this application despite its lightweight characteristic. You can use this application to edit videos from your collection. In addition to that, it works as a video capturing tool too. Tasks such as processing audios made easier with HyperEngine AV.
Features of HyperEngine AV
- Plenty of effects loaded in the application.
- Applies transition effects in real-time.
- Can edit audio clips easily.
06. Video Grabber
Video Grabber is different from other applications mentioned in this article because it is an online tool. It comes with plenty of features. For instance, it has a video downloader, screen recorder, and even a converter apart from editing. Although it doesn’t have advanced features, it is an easy-to-use application that can do a decent job for you. That means it is good enough to accomplish some simple video editing tasks successfully. It doesn’t even want you to sign up for accounts. Instead, you can simply install a launcher before making use of Video Grabber online tool.
Features of Video Grabber
- It is an online tool that doesn’t require you to install heavy applications.
- A very convenient application even for new users.
- Excellent user-interface.
- No sign-up requires.
- It can download, edit and record videos with ease.
- Ideal to be used as a simple MTS video editor.
A comparison of MTS video editor tools
Mentioned below is a comparison of video editing tools that are explained in this article. In fact, this section will explain how to choose the best video editor from the rest. In the chart below, we compare the performance, features, compatibility, and other useful features of each tool.
|Wondershare Filmora||30 times faster than other options||Video, images, audio||Two editing modes (Easy Editor Mode and Full Feature Mode)||Windows and macOS|
|Apple iMovie||Average||Video & Audio||Single-mode||macOS only|
|Avidemux||Average||Video & Audio||Single-mode||Windows and macOS|
|Blender||Average||3D Video & Audio||Single-mode||Windows and macOS|
|HyperEngine||Average||Video & Audio||Single-mode||Windows and macOS|
|Video Grabber||Average||Video & Audio||Single-mode||Windows|
If you take a look at the above comparison table, you can get a clear idea about each option. You can then decide which tool is best to accomplish your tasks. According to our findings, the best option in this list is Wondershare Filmora, without a doubt. We do have several reasons to mention Filmora as our preferred MTS video editor. User-friendliness, excellent speed, reliability, and superb compatibility are only some of those features we should mention. Even if you are a novice user, you can easily make use of Filmora and edit MTS files perfectly. However, you’re free to check with the other options as well and see if they can match your requirements. If you know other similar tools, you may mention them in the comments section below.