It is always better to read a comparison between Qlikview Vs. Qlik Sense before you choose one of them. Both Qlikview and Qlik Sense are two of the products offered by Qlik as efficient BI tools. Some of our readers may be familiar at least with one of those tools. If you are in a situation where you have to choose one, this review is just for you.
Both Qlikview and Qlik Sense are indeed platforms designed to provide business intelligence (BI). Both of those tools function pretty much in the same manner. However, some key characteristics between the two differentiate one from the other.
Key differences between Qlikview Vs. Qlik Sense
The most suitable way to start this Qlikview Vs. Qlik Sense review is by discussing their key differences. As a result, you will be able to find the best tool out of the two.
A general overview of Qlikview Vs. Qlik Sense
It is always good to have a look at the general overview of the two tools before proceeding forward. This overview is presented in point form so you can get a better idea about it.
01. What exactly Qlik View is?
QlikView is a tool used for data analysis and visualization purposes. It allows you to fetch, integrate, process, and analyze existing data from different sources. It can be used to develop aspects like data models, dashboards, analytical applications, visualizations, etc. This can be used to create analytical reports and deliver a great experience for end-users through their access point.
With this access point, you can access data as end-users and carry out searches as well. In addition to that, you can use it to create data models, visualizations, and associations. These aspects are vital when it comes to analyzing data and discover data trends.
Features of QlikView
Here are some of the most notable features associated with QlikView.
- It has a dynamic BI ecosystem that can interact with dashboards and dynamic apps.
- And it has default connectors and custom connectors.
- It features data visualizations.
- You can use it to build guided analytics applications. In addition to that, it can build dashboards as well.
- Guided analytics and advanced analytics for a better presentation of data.
02. What exactly Qlik Sense is?
Qlik Sense is a data discovery with the self-service feature. It is an analysis tool that mainly targets on user-friendliness for each user. In addition to that, it offers a very intuitive, interactive, and attractive user-interface as well. With that tool, you can easily use various tools to manage data and to model them. You can also create visuals, layouts, and even stories. The best thing about Qlik Sense is that it doesn’t offer a very technical dashboard. Instead, it focuses on a highly user-friendly approach.
Features of Qlik Sense
- Qlik Sense as a smart search option such as Google and other similar functions.
- It is faster and reliable when it comes to acquiring multiple data sources.
- It features drag-and-drop visualizations to make it easier.
- And it can generate highly personalized reports, dashboards with in-depth details.
- It can perform self-service data discovery.
Main differences between QlikView and Qlik Sense
Now that you know the characteristics associated with each tool. Let’s look into their differences.
01. Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
In this case, QlikView is the clear winner. That is because QlikView allows you to perform Online Analytical Processing capabilities. That becomes immensely useful when it comes to performing analytical operations on the data. However, Qlik Sense does not provide this feature.
02. ETL performance
In this case, both Qlik Sense and QlikView stands on the same level because they are equipped with ETL. The term ETL is used to describe the term Extract, Transform, and Load capabilities.
03. Self-service visualizations
When it comes to self-service visualizations, Qlik Sense is the winner. That is because QlikView doesn’t offer self-service visualization capabilities.
04. Guided analytics
QlikView is the winner in this case because it offers the feature of guided analytics. On the other hand, Qlik Sense doesn’t offer this feature. So, in terms of guided analytics, QlikView is the better option.
05. Requirements to filter data
For QlikView, you are required to use data filters. However, with Qlik Sense, such a requirement is not present.
06. Data Storytelling
Once again, data storytelling is not available with QlikView. However, the same is a feature associated with Click Sense. So, you can consider Qlik Sense as a better option.
07. Data mining & analytics
This feature is not available with Qlik View. But you can enjoy it with Qlik Sense.
08. Modern Visualization of data
Qlik Sense is a well-known option for its very attractive user-interface. Apart from the attractiveness, Qlik Sense offers user-friendliness as well. Therefore, you can experience modern visualizations with Qlik Sense when you need to represent data. It offers a nice drag-and-drop functionality to make it more convenient for the user. As a result, even a novice user can learn its basics pretty quickly and start using it. However, when it comes to QlikView, the functionality is pretty different. With QlikView, you can only experience basic visualizations.
09. Associative indexing engine
This feature is available with both the tools. That means, both QlikView and Qlik Sense have robust associative indexing engines.
10. Compatibility with mobiles
Both the tools (QlikView and Qlik Sense) are developed to be compatible with mobile devices as well. Qlik Sense comes with a specific mobile app. It is designed to be compatible with Apple Mobile Safari (iOS 10 or later).
11. Advanced analytics and integrations
Qlik is dedicated to providing very efficient features and capabilities when it comes to advanced integration and analytics. Nevertheless, advanced analytics integration is offered in a better way in Qlik Sense compared to QlikView.
12. Environment for integrated app development
QlikView comes in the form of a special development-based tool. That is because it provides an integrated app development environment. However, with Qlik Sense, you don’t find such aspects. Because it is designed to be a visualization centric tool.
Comparison Table – Qlikview Vs. Qlik Sense
|Features of the product||It offers a dynamic BI ecosystem. It also offers dynamic apps, analytics, and dashboards as well.||Smart search features such as Google.|
|Connectors||It provides both default and custom connectors||It provides faster and reliable connections with various data sources.|
|Mode of visualization||Data visualization is present||Feature a drag and drop visualization.|
|Information about products||This is a BI tool that can be used to generate various guided analytics. In addition to that, it can create dashboards that are designed to overcome various challenges associated with the business.||It is a smarter and user-friendly tool that helps you generate personalized reports. Also, it provides detailed dashboards pretty quickly.|
|Definition||Designed for Guided Analytics||Designed for self-service data recovery.|
|Focus||Ideal for advanced analytics||It gives priority to business use cases.|
|Filtration||It requires you to derive a part of the filters. In addition to that, you should allocate a separate sheet as well.||There is no filtration required.|
|Best for||Guided analytics||self-service visualizations|
|Works on;||It comes with a built-in application development platform.||It has a self-service data discovery tool.|
|Advanced features||Custom report generation, advanced reporting templates.||Highly impressive open and standard APIs using multi-source data integration.|
|Supported platforms||Works on Mac, iOS devices, Windows PC, and a web-based app.||Works on Mac, iOS devices, Windows PC, and a web-based app.|
|Languages||English only;||English, German, Chinese, and Japanese.|
Qlikview Vs. Qlik Sense – the Final Say
In simplest terms, QlikView can be considered a pretty traditional tool that comes with a technical approach. It is used for purposes like sharing business intelligence, analyzing data, and do the reporting work. However, on the other hand, Qlik Sense is regarded as a modern, user-friendly platform used for data exploration. Both the tools are indeed developed for the same purposes. That means they are developed to function as BI tools. However, they have some distinctive characteristics to differentiate one from the other in various ways.
Even after this comprehensive comparison between Qlikview Vs. Qlik Sense, we cannot determine a clear winner. In other words, we cannot choose one tool over the other easily. So, the most reasonable conclusion is that both the options are handy to handle their intended purposes. However, in general, Qlik Sense may be more popular among the users, and there are good reasons for that. For instance, it is easier to use, and it comes with a very simple interface as well. Moreover, it is a self-service and data exploration tool that promotes drag-and-drop functionality. As a result, you can use it to achieve the intended goals no matter what your skillset is. On the flip side, QlikView has a better focus on aspects like application development and guided analytics. Moreover, it has a pretty less focus on aspects such as responsiveness and user-interaction.
As per the information, we have explained here, choosing the best result over the other is up to you. Meaning, the individual or the organization should decide which option should be selected to match their purpose. If you are the user, you can go through the details provided above and decide which is best. If you are looking for a tool to perform more of the technical stuff, you can prefer QlikView. It is also a nice option if you intend to work with ground-level data. However, if your purpose is to design and create data reports with better visual appeal, Qlik Sense is better. It can create data reports and dashboards with proper aesthetic values. If required, you can use both of those tools at once to perform their intended tasks.
Some extra information to consider when comparing Qlikview Vs. Qlik Sense
In this section of our Qlikview Vs. Qlik Sense review, we will explain some extra points to consider. This description is provided in points format so you can understand it without much hassle.
- When it comes to QlikView, the data loading is slower compared to its opponent, Qlik Sense.
- If you are using QlikView, the respective organization should ensure that they recruit a dedicated staff. Because QlikView demands the assistance of a specially trained staff to handle it properly.
- However, when it comes to Qlik Sense, you don’t have to worry about finding dedicated, trained staff. Thanks to the user-friendly interface and simplified appearance, you can use Qlik Sense easily in purposes like embedded analytics.
- QlikView features a pretty complex procedure when it comes to licensing and purchasing. The process can be pretty intimidating for a user who prefers simplicity. When it comes to Qlik Sense, the entire process is very easy, just like how it is operated.
- When you use QlikView, you will be able to see that it supports English language only. So, if you’re not familiar with the English language, you will find it pretty difficult to use the software. Once again, with Qlik Sense, you will find more options in terms of language. It supports widely used languages such as English, Japanese, Chinese, and even German.
- When it comes to the target customer base, it is pretty small and moderate. It mainly targets customers with large scales. However, Qlik Sense is mainly targeting small and moderate industries, and their clientele is relatively larger.
- QlikView enables you to experience better control over it. It allows developers to access the design and control of the applications. So, in terms of customization, QlikView stands ahead of Qlik Sense. On the other hand, Qlik Sense doesn’t offer you the option of customizing it deeply. Also, it doesn’t offer in-depth development options, as well. Instead, it offers better user-friendliness and convenience.
So, that’s our Qlikview Vs. Qlik Sense review. We would like to hear from you, so it is appreciated if you can leave a comment below. Good luck!