The latest iOS 10 has been launched with several cool features, which is the reason iPhone owners want to try the latest iOS update as soon as possible. While many of us have been waiting for the iOS 10 update on our iPhone, many people have already downloaded it and upgraded their phone with the Beta program. However, the issue they are now facing is that the Beta update is causing several new problems, one of which is data failure or data loss while updating. Yes, it is true; you may lose some of your data while upgrading your phone to iOS 10. That is why; Dr.Fone decided to give you a solution to this issue in case you lost your data too. In this blog, you will read about how to Restore iPhone/iPod/iPad Data Lost Due to iOS Upgrading:
- Section 1: Restore iPhone/ iPod/ iPad data lost Due to iOS 10 upgrading with iCloud
- Section 2: Restore iPhone/ iPod/ iPad data lost Due to iOS 10 upgrading with iTunes
- Section 3: Restore iPhone/ iPod/ iPad data lost Due to iOS 10 upgrading with Dr.Fone
Section 1: Restore iPhone/ iPod/ iPad data lost Due to iOS 10 upgrading with iCloud
To use this method, it is important that you should have backed up the data on your iPhone before you upgraded it to iOS 10. Backup of your data can be easily used to restore your phone and recover your lost data. Follow the steps given below to restore your Apple device from the iCloud backup.
After you switch on your iPhone or iPad, you would see your ‘Hello Screen’. In case you are not able to see the setup screen, it is important to erase its contents. Go along the onscreen steps for setup until you reach the Apps & Data Screen, then tap the “Restore from iCloud Backup” button.
You may be required to sign in using your Apple ID. Select your backup file, preferably the most recent one, and stay fixed to your Wi-Fi network to complete the process of restoration.
Advantages of restoring your iPhone with iCloud
- This method is very simple, and you will have your data restored from the backup file.
- You are not required to connect the Apple device to the computer.
Disadvantages of restoring your iPhone with iCloud
- This method does not let you restore your data selectively.
- You need to restore all your data even in case you had lost only a few files from your device.
Section 2: Restore iPhone/ iPod/ iPad data lost Due to iOS 10 upgrading with iTunes
If you had backed up your iPhone data in the iTunes, you could again restore your lost files to your iPhone using the iTunes backup. Follow the steps given below to restore the data from iTunes.
Open iTunes program you had used to backup your iPhone.
Connect your iPhone to the computer.
Select your phone when it shows up on the screen and then click ‘Restore Backup‘ option given under the ‘Backups’ submenu.
You will see the last backup date and time on the window that opens. Select the required backup and click ‘Restore’. Make sure that you do not disconnect your phone from the PC during the process of restoration.
Your iPhone will be restored for your lost files. The backup files restore only contacts, notes, calendars, text messages, and settings. This does not include restoration of iPhone firmware.
Advantages of restoring your iPhone with iTunes
- If you had backed up your lost data using iTunes, you could easily recover it.
- It is very simple to use iTunes. You just need to connect your iPhone or iPad to the PC and launch iTunes to recover your data.
Disadvantages of restoring your iPhone with iTunes
- You cannot use iTunes to restore your data selectively.
- All the files in the backup would be restored to your iPhone even if you had lost only a few files.
Section 3: Restore iPhone/ iPod/ iPad data lost Due to iOS 10 upgrading with Dr.Fone
This is possibly the most effective and best method to restore the lost data on your iPhone or iPad while upgrading to iOS 10. Dr. Fone is a powerful program that is designed to let you recover your lost data on any of your iOS devices such as iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad.
Features of Dr.Fone – iPhone data recovery
Dr.Fone – iPhone Data Recovery is the first data recovery software in the world for iPhone and iPad. You can not only recover your data, but also perform several other tasks with this program.
- Dr.Fone gives you three methods to recover your iPhone data.
- You can scan your iOS device to recover your photos, contacts, videos, notes, messages, etc.
- You can preview and extract all the content of your backup files of iCloud or iTunes.
- You can preview and select the particular files you want to restore to your iOS device from the backup files of iCloud or iTunes.
- The software is fully compatible with the latest models of iPhone.
- The software provider also gives the money back guarantee of 7 days to the users.
How you can use Dr. Fone toolkit – iPhone Data Recovery to recover your lost data on iOS device
Dr.Fone provides you three methods to recover your lost data. Dr.Fone is a great option to recover the lost data from the iTunes or iCloud backup.
Using iTunes backup in order to restore data
Follow the steps given below to recover the data:
Download and install Dr. Fone on your computer.
Launch the software and you will see the homepage. Click “Data Recovery“.
Click ‘Recover from iTunes Backup‘ button given on the left side panel of the program. Dr. Fone will find out all your backup files from your iTunes software.
Select your backup file you want to use for recovery and click the ‘Start Scan’ tab.
You will see the data available in your backup file. Select the files you want to recover and hit ‘Recover to Computer’ button or ‘Recover to Device’ button.
Using iCloud backup to restore data
Open Dr.Fone Toolkit for iOS on your PC and click ‘Restore from iCloud Backup Files‘ given on the left side panel.
Sign into the iCloud account using your Apple ID and password.
The backup files of the iCloud will be shown on the screen. Select the backup file you want to use and click ‘Download’.
A new popup window would open. Select the files you wish to recover and click ‘Recover to Computer’ button or ‘Recover to Device’ button.
Advantages of using Dr.Fone toolkit – iPhone Data Recovery
- With Dr.Fone, you can preview contents of the selected backup file and then choose the data you wish to recover.
- The software is very simple to use.
Disadvantages of using Dr.Fone – iPhone Data Recovery
- Dr.Fone is a paid program.