Many iPhone users need to know how to restore iPhone without updating. Although iPhones are generally considered to be stable and reliable, there is still a chance for glitches. Some of the issues associated with iPhones can be solved simply by restoring the iPhone. However, upon restoring the device, the device tends to update. Well, does that mean that you cannot restore iPhone without updating? Of course not!
Those who wonder how to restore iPhone without updating should read this article thoroughly. In this article, we intend to expose more than one way to restore your iPhone without an update. You would see that this article comprises of default methods as well as a professional method.
In most of the cases, Apple is a stable and reliable operating system. Their latest versions of operating systems can let you enjoy better performance in general. However, in certain cases, upgrading to a newer iOS version tends to give some problems. Some people say that their older iPhone devices become annoying after updates. For instance, those who use iPhones that are older than iPhone 6 find updates to be annoying. They experience less battery life and extensive heat on the device too. Other than that, there are several other reasons for iPhone users to stay away from updates.
As the first method, you can use one of the device’s default settings to restore the iPhone. Well, here are the essential steps on how to proceed with this specific method.
01. To initiate the process, you should connect the iPhone device to the computer. However, you should make sure that there is a backup created in iTunes. Once the device is connected, you should go to the option “Summary” and then select “Backups“. Then, select the option labeled “Back up Now” to back up the data.
02. Now, unplug your iPhone and select the option “Setting” once again.
03. Then, select “General” and tap on the “Reset” option. Then, select the option “Erase All Content And Setting” to confirm that you need to erase all the contents.
04. At the completion of the process, you should connect the iPhone into the computer and launch iTunes. You will then be able to see the message “An update to the carrier settings on your iPhone is available“. Click on the option “Update Settings“.
05. Now, you can restore the backup you have created with iTunes. As soon as the restoration process is completed, you can disconnect the device from the computer.
By the way, click here to learn more about the common iPhone Restore Errors.
This respective method requires the assistance of iTunes just like the first method we mentioned. However, these two are entirely different methods you can use. You can decide which option matches your requirement by going through the details. Well, here’s how to use iTunes Backup to restore iPhone without updating.
01. Get your iPhone connected to the computer using a USB cable. Be sure that you use the original USB cable to prevent potential interruptions. Now, launch iTunes on the same computer and wait until iTunes recognizes your device within a couple of moments.
02. Now, you should click on the iPhone icon located at the top left corner of the iTunes interface.
03. Now, you will be able to see the summery after clicking on the iPhone icon. You should then click on the option “Restore Backup“.
04. You will then be directed to a new window. Be sure that you select the backup you need to restore on your iPhone. The list of backups will be displayed in a drop-down list.
05. Click on the option called “Restore” to continue.
In certain cases, even iTunes may not work as expected. In this case, you will need to restore your iPhone using a different method. Instead of iTunes, you will have to use the recovery mode of the iPhone to restore it. Here’s how to use the recovery mode of the iPhone to restore iPhone without updating.
01. Get your device connected to a computer using the original USB cable provided with the device.
02. Now, open iTunes and wait for the program to recognize your device. Then, click on the device icon located at the upper-left corner of the main screen.
03. You can now backup the iPhone before restoring it. To do this, you should click on “Backup Now” option located under “Manually Backup and Restore” option.
04. Turn your iPhone device off. To do this, you can press and hold the lock button. Then, use the slider to switch it off.
05. Now, you should go to the recovery mode of the iOS device you intend to restore.
For devices like iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, you should use the Volume Up button. Press it and release it quickly. Then, press and release Volume Down button as well. After that, you should press and hold the Side button to see the recovery mode screen.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, you should press and hold Side and Volume buttons simultaneously. You should not release those buttons until you see the screen of the recovery mode.
06. On the iTunes screen, you will see options labeled “Restore” and “Update“. In this case, you should select the option “Restore“.
07. You should now wait for a couple of minutes for the process to be completed. The phone will restore, and you can now use the device without any issue.
What are the important things you should consider when restoring iPhone
- Before restoring the iPhone, you should consider that there is enough space on the phone. If the space of iPhone is filled with data, you will have to expect various errors during the process.
- When it comes to connecting iPhone to your computer, you will have to use an original USB cable. Also, the cable and USB port must be functioning properly. Otherwise, there may be a chance for various errors to occur.
- There can be some unknown errors when restoring iPhone with iTunes even if there is enough storage space. These issues can make you lose important pictures, videos or any other file.
- It is always important to create a backup of your iPhone before restoring it.
As we realize, many individuals who want to restore iPhones tend to stay away from updates. Apart from trying the methods mentioned above, there are professional solutions to this issue. In this section, we are going to reveal the best way to restore iPhone without updating.
We rely on a special software called iMyFone iOS System recovery to accomplish this task. This special tool is designed to address a large range of issues of iPhones. If none of the previous methods work, this tool should address your requirement perfectly.
Features of iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery
- Fixes iPhone camera won’t focus, my iPhone won’t ring, videos won’t play on iPhone, iPhone touch screen not working, iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode, iPhone Stuck in Spinning Circle, iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo, etc.
- Apart from that, it can address any other issue related to iOS
- Convenient user-interface that can be handled even by a novice user
- Very quick processing
- No malware
- It doesn’t cause any data loss
- Supports both Mac and Windows operating systems
How to use the Advanced mode of iMyFone Fixppo to restore iPhone
The advanced mode of this tool can solve any issue related to your iOS device. Here’s how to use it and fix the issues.
Open iMyFone iOS Data Recovery to see the main screen of the program.
Then, go to the option labeled “Advanced Mode” to reinstall iOS. This mode is capable of reinstalling the iOS completely from your device and erase all the data. When the device is restored using this tool, the device will function as a new device.
You should put the device either in DFU or Recovery Mode. That can be found under the option Advanced Mode.
Now, downloading the firmware should be done according to the onscreen instructions of the software. Provide the required information on the screen and hit download. In general, the device and other information will be automatically detected by the software itself. If not, you can correct it manually as well.
Now, the software will start to install the iOS version. Wait until the process is completed.
Well, that is how to restore iPhone without updating. Be sure that you go through all the methods once again and pick the most reliable option.