How to Selectively Restore iTunes Backup to iPhone X
Even though not everyone has the time to sit down at their computer every few days and take a backup of their iPhone’s data, it’s very important to find the time. It’s understandable that it’s a boring task, but in the event of data corruption or losing your iPhone, a backup makes sure that there is a safe copy of your data elsewhere. On top of taking backups, it’s important that you know how to restore iTunes backup to iPhone X so that if something goes wrong, you can quickly get your data back on the iPhone.
If you are switching from old iPhone to new iPhone X, you should be interested in How to Transfer Data from iPhone 6S to iPhone X with ease.
Part 1. Using iTunes to Restore iTunes Backup to iPhone X
Before we jump into the main method, we are first going to show you how to restore iTunes backup to iPhone X using iTunes.
Step #1 – iTunes should be installed on your computer already so go ahead and launch it to proceed.
Step #2 – If you haven’t already done so then go ahead and connect your iPhone using a lightning cable.
Step #3 – After iTunes has detected your iPhone, click on the iPhone icon at the top of the program and click on “Summary” located on the left menu.
Step #4 – This menu will show a lot of different information about the connected iOS device. For this method, click on “Restore Backup…“.
Step #5 – A window will appear. From the drop-down menu, select the backup that you want to have restored to your iPhone.
Step #6 – Once selected, click on the “Restore” button and within a few minutes you will have access to the data that you restored.
This method isn’t optimal for the reasons that we listed above, but if you can’t get access to iMyFone iTransor or you simply prefer to use iTunes, then this will do the job.
Why You Shouldn’t Use iTunes or iCloud to Restore iTunes Backup to iPhone X
There are a few different reasons that you should avoid using iTunes altogether. Not only is the program very outdated and full of problems, but when it comes to restoring backups there are a few limits, such as:
- Restoring an iTunes backup from iTunes can be very time-consuming.
- You aren’t able to selectively restore a backup, meaning that it takes even more time to restore unnecessary data and other data will be overwritten.
- Restoring your backup from iTunes doesn’t give you the chance to preview the data that is stored inside of the backup so that you might restore the wrong backup.
Aside from iTunes, using iCloud isn’t preferable either. Some of the reasons for using iMyFone iTransor instead of iCloud to restore iTunes backup to iPhone X are:
- Every time that you want to restore a backup from iCloud, you have to download the backup from your iCloud account. This can take a long time depending on your broadband speeds.
- If you aren’t connected to a Wi-Fi network, then you won’t be able to restore an iCloud backup.
- iCloud doesn’t allow you to preview the data that is stored in a backup file prior to restoring it.
- The entire iCloud backup will be restored as you aren’t able to selectively restore data.
For these reasons, we recommend that you use the iMyFone iTransor to restore iTunes backup to iPhone X. On top of being the perfect program for this job, you get access to a lot of other features too (which we will discuss later in this article).
Part 2. Using iMyFone iTransor to Restore iTunes Backup to iPhone X
It’s in your best interests to use iMyFone iTransor (D-Port Pro) to restore iTunes backup to iPhone X, and with the steps that we’ve provided below, you’ll be able to do just that.
Make sure that before you follow this short guide that you have downloaded and installed iMyFone iTransor. It’s also a good idea to use some of its features so that you have a better understanding of how to use the program.
Step #1 – Start by downloading iMyFone iTransor (D-Port Pro), installing it as instructed, and launching it to begin.
Step #2 – Once iMyFone iTransor has loaded, connect your iPhone X using the appropriate USB cable.
Step #3 – From the main menu, click on the “Restore Backup to Device” feature from the left menu.
Step #4 – For this method, we will be using the “Restore Partial Backup“, although if you want the entire backup to be restored then click on “Restore Full Backup“.
Step #5 – On the following menu, either click on the “Select all” box or select the specific types of data that you want to be restored from the iTunes backup. Click “Next” after doing so.
Step #6 – The backup will then be scanned, and once the scan is complete, you’ll be able to view all of the data that was detected. Go through each data type and select what data you want to have restored.
Step #7 – Lastly, after selecting the data that you want to have restored to your iPhone X, click on the “Restore” button at the bottom-left and within a few seconds, the data will be available on your iPhone.
As you can see, this method is far easier than if you were to use iTunes to restore iTunes backup to iPhone X. Not only can you preview the backup before you restore it, but you can also select the specific files that you want to have restored.
iMyFone iTransor is a great program which is very useful for iPhone users and is one of the best iTunes alternatives out there. On top of using it to restore iTunes backup to iPhone X & Restore New iPhone X from Backup, below are some of the many other features that you get access to.
- Backup Data. On top of being able to use iMyFone iTransor to restore iTunes backup to iPhone X, you can also use it to take an original backup of your iPhone X. This means that you can completely move away from iTunes and instead, use this program for all of your iOS data management needs instead.
- iCloud Backups. For those who have previously used iCloud to take their backups, you can restore those backups as well as your iTunes backups using iMyFone iTransor. After signing into your iCloud account, all of your iCloud backups will be shown.
- Extract Data. Rather than having to restore an entire backup to your iPhone X to simply access a simple photo or another piece of data, iMyFone iTransor will scan your backups and you will be able to extract data selectively without having to restore the backup to a device. Click to find out the full guide on How to Transfer Messages to iPhone X.
Now that you know about some of the other features that you get access to when you use iMyFone iTransor, you can go ahead and buy it for yourself. iTunes is not the preferable program to use for iOS data management, and with a tool like iMyFone iTransor, you get access to everything that you’ll ever need.
With consideration to everything that we have discussed in this article, as stressful as it can be to take an iTunes backup it’s still important that you remember to do so. Losing important family photos that are sentimental to you can be upsetting, and unless you take backups frequently, you won’t be able to restore iTunes Backup to iPhone X in the event of data loss. Get yourself iMyFone iTransor (D-Port Pro), take regular backups, and get to know some of the different features that this program includes.