As of today, you can see that plenty of individuals tend to use Google Docs. From professional bloggers to students to largescale companies make use of Google Docs more often than not these days. Technically, when using Google Docs, it is obviously easier if the images are sent as zip files. However, in certain cases, you will have to save the images separately if they aren’t included in zip files. But saving an image that appears in your Google Docs is not as easy as you would think. It is completely different from saving an image to your computer from a webpage. In other words, right clicking on the image and saving it doesn’t work for images stored in Google Docs. So, if you are stuck with this issue, we reveal several methods to save images from Google Doc.
In fact, Google Docs previously offered the option of saving an image directly after right-clicking on it. However, for some reason, this feature was disabled by Google and needless to mention how annoying it is. This issue particularly bothers bloggers and writers. Having understood the annoyance faced by individuals, we are going to reveal some practical solutions to solve this issue. Well, read this article if you need to learn all those methods and pick the one that works.
The most basic and simple method we present is using Google Keep to save images from Google Doc. In fact, Google Keep is a special tool developed by Google to take notes. In order to make use of this app, you should use Google Chrome. Mentioned below are the easy steps you should follow to save images from Google Doc using Google Keep.
01. First of all, perform a right-click on an image saved on Google Docs. Then, you should select the option labeled “Save to Keep Notepad“.
02. Then, as the second step, you should see a sidebar. You can then right click on the image and go for the option “Save Image As“. If you intend to use the downloaded image for SEO purposes, we strongly recommend you to name it appropriately. You will then be able to use the file within your WordPress website. In fact, in this method, you don’t necessarily use Google Keep. Instead, you just make use of the sidebar.
Probably, this can be the most convenient method to save an image from Google Docs.
As the second method, we explain how to save images from Google Doc using Publish to Web option. In fact, this method is a built-in option that can be found in Google Doc.
01. To initiate the process, you should go to the menu of Google Docs.
02. Then, you should click on File and then select the option to Publish to the Web.
03. You will now see another window. Just select the publish button.
04. You can then see an option with a link to publish. Copy the respective link and have it opened in a new tab in your browser.
05. Now, you will see that your document appears in the form of a web version. Just right click on the image, and then you should see a popup with the option “Save Image As“. Just select that option so you can save it. Nevertheless, we strongly recommend that you use an appropriate name when saving it on your computer. That is because the name of the image would be useful for your SEO purposes. If you intend to use this image in a WordPress website, you can simply drag it and drop it. If not, you can upload it using the conventional steps. Once you are done with this, you can simply unpublish the aforesaid link. With such an approach, you will notice that others will not find your link. Nevertheless, it is up to you to decide whether you need to unpublish the document.
If it is necessary, you can simply use Download as Web Page option to save an image. In fact, this is also a built-in feature that can be found in Google Docs. As per this method, you will be downloading the entire document in the form of a web page. The most significant advantage associated with this option is that it helps saving more than one image simultaneously. Well, mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to use this method.
01. First of all, you should go to the Menu of Google Docs.
02. Then, you should select the option File and then go to Download as.
03. You will find several options to save your file. In this case, you will have to choose “Web Page (.html, zipped)“.
04. Once the file is saved, you can simply unzip the files and click on the folder called “Images“.
05. If you have any intention whatsoever to use this image for SEO purposes, you should rename it properly. Then, after uploading the images for WordPress, Google will treat them favorably.
By the way, let’s learn more about how to do MLA Format on Google Docs with ease.
As the fourth method, you can use Wordable to save images from Google Doc. In fact, Wordable can be used to perform a single-click operation. With the one-click import, you will be able to import an image from Google Docs swiftly. The most important thing is that it allows you to import both posts and pages to WordPress. Nevertheless, you should remember that Wordable requires permission to view the contents of Google Drive. In order to set the software up, you can take a look at FAQ segment of their page. The plugin they have used is exceptionally convenient to be used. Once you have set it up, you can use the below mentioned steps to save the image from Google Doc.
01. You should click on the option “Export” within Wordable. This option can be found in Google Doc.
02. As the next step, you should select the option called “Export to WordPress” option. You can then select the option export as a post or export as a page. This image will then be published in the form of a draft on the dashboard of your WordPress. This option will save the images with the rest of the contents.
One of the most notable things about this option is that its SEO friendliness. If you upload the original image with an SEO-compatible filename, you will see that WordPress optimize it automatically.
You can use this method when you need to save multiple images from Google Doc. However, this method is more suitable when you need to download selective files (not all of them). Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to save images from Google Doc.
01. Open the Google Docs document in which you have the images that need to be downloaded.
02. Go to the Menu Bar and then go to Add-ons.
03. Select the option “Get Add-ons“.
04. You will now see a window which displays the add-ons you can get. In this window, you can search for an add-on simply by typing in the name. In this case, you will have to type the text “Image Extractor” in the provided search bar. Then, you should press the Enter. Once the enter button is pressed, you can simply see a list of options. You should search for the option “Image Extractor” which is developed by Incentro. Usually, this option should appear as the first result of the window.
05. Now the plugin is installed on your browser; you should go back to the Google Doc. Then, you should go to the Add-ons option. You will now see the option Image Extractor. Click on the option Start so the program will begin to extract the images.
06. The add-on you have installed would show up on the browser’s sidebar (located at the right side). You can then select the image that should be saved on the computer. Then, you should click on the button called “Download Image” that appears in blue color. As a result, the image will be downloaded to the computer.
That’s basically it.
If you don’t like any of the above options we have mentioned, you should consider taking screenshots. Instead of downloading the images, you can take a screenshot without any issue. However, there are several obvious limitations associated with this method. This method should be used when you have a few images to be saved in your computer.
Although taking a screenshot sounds like a no brainer, this method works exceptionally well. It is particularly suitable for occasions where you have fewer images to download from Google Doc. Also, this method can be applied to download an image or multiple images from websites. One of the biggest drawbacks associated with this option is that it is not that user-friendly.
In order to download an image, you should enlarge the web browser, so the image appears full screen. Then, you should click on the image you intend to download and zoom it in. After zooming the image to the expected size, you should take a screenshot. However, you should remember that the next steps would differ depending on the operating system. In other words, the method used in Mac is different from the method used in Windows PC. Following are the keyboard shortcuts you should use depending on the platform you are using.
- For Mac computers: Press Shift and Command with 4.
- For Windows computers: Press Control + PrtScr together.
If not, you can consider installing a third-party tool to download an image through a screenshot feature.
Mentioned above are the methods you can use in order to save images from Google Doc. As you see, there are several different methods you can try. Each of those methods differs from each other, and you can select the best method that matches your purpose.
Regardless of the method you use to save images from Google Doc, we strongly recommend you to name them. Having a proper name for the image is compulsory particularly if you intend to use it on WordPress. Also, saving a file with a proper name would be handy when you need to search for it later. That’s it, and we hope you’d find this article to be useful.
Also, here is the best way to Strikethrough Google Docs for you.