It goes without saying that WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world. As of today, WhatsApp has become a prime mode of communication among many individuals. In most of the cases, you tend to have important data on your WhatsApp account. So, when you upgrade from one device to another, you may want to have that data transferred. For instance, you may want to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone 11 due to some reason. However, the problem is that many individuals are not aware of the process of moving WhatsApp data between devices. Well, the purpose of this article is to address this issue.
In this article, we intend to explain how to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone 11. We take this example because many readers have asked this question lately as they have upgraded to iPhone 11. In fact, there are several ways to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone 11. To make things clear for you, we intend to explain the three most effective methods. We are sure that one of these methods can help you transfer WhatsApp data from your Samsung device.
PS: here, you will find out how to transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone 11, and how to import contacts from Gmail to iPhone 11, as well as how to perform WhatsApp Data Recovery easily.
Method 1: How to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone 11 using an email chat
This is a simple solution that can be used to read all the Samsung WhatsApp data on your iPhone. However, this is not a complete solution, and it can be called a consolation method. It can be used just to view the messages but not to transfer them completely. Also, it doesn’t allow you to read chats on your WhatsApp account, which was available on Samsung. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to view WhatsApp messages on iPhone through email.
- 01. First, you should launch WhatsApp on the Samsung device and then go to ‘Settings.’ You can then go to ‘Chat Settings‘ and then go to the option called ‘Email Chat.’ It can be found in the list of options available.
- 02. Now, you should choose WhatsApp history you intend to see on the iPhone 11. Then, choose if you want to send the messages with or without media through email. In this case, you will have to choose ‘Without media‘ if you don’t want the media. If you want media to be sent with the messages, just choose the option called ‘Attach Media.’
- 03. When you are prompted, you should enter an email address for which you have access. The messages you are sending will arrive at this email address. So, please make sure that you have access to the respective email address. Then, you should tap on the option labeled ‘Send.’
- 04. As the next step, you should log into the email address on your iPhone. Please note that you have to log into the email address, which is entered in the previous steps. You can then download messages in the form of a TXT attachment. Then, you can read the messages on the iPhone.
Despite the simplicity of this method, you must remember that it has some limitations. For instance, it doesn’t allow you to transfer chat history. As long as you want to see some WhatsApp messages on your iPhone, this is a pretty decent option.
Besides, if you have an issue of Android File Transfer Not Working, fix it now.
Method 2: Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone 11 using built-in WhatsApp backup feature
If you are a long-term WhatsApp user, you already know this option. However, we intend to explain this method to the benefit of novice WhatsApp users. Well, WhatsApp’s built-in backup feature is a pretty handy option in various cases. You can use the same to transfer WhatsApp chat data from your old Samsung smartphone to the iPhone. However, you should note that this method works only if you intend to use the same WhatsApp number. That means, both the old and new device must have the same WhatsApp number to operate. Please follow the below guide to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone 11.
- 01. As the first step, you should launch WhatsApp on your Samsung device and select the option ‘Menu.’ Then, you should go to the option labeled ‘Chat.’ Under that, you will see the option called ‘Chat Backup.’ Click on it to create a full backup of the data that is currently available on Samsung’s WhatsApp account.
- 02. Once the backup is created, you should install WhatsApp on the new iPhone. Then, you should configure the WhatsApp account using the same phone number. That means the number on which the previous WhatsApp account is created on the Samsung device.
- 03. You will be asked to verify the phone number as usual. Just follow the instructions as usual and create the account. At this stage, you should see a message in the form of a popup menu. This message will ask whether you need to restore the backup. All you have to do is to tap on the option labeled ‘Restore.’ The chats you have backed up will be restored on the new iPhone on which you have configured WhatsApp.
Method 3: Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone 11 using iTransor (the best method)
As per the experience we had in transferring WhatsApp data, the most convenient method is using iTransor for WhatsApp. We call it the best method due to various reasons. With the assistance of iMyFone iTransor, you can easily transfer data from one device to another. The best thing about this software is that it doesn’t require you to create backups of data before restoring. Instead, you can skip the back-up process and transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone 11. Before we learn how to use iMyFone iTransor, let’s take a look at the features of it.
- You can use this software to transfer WhatsApp data from device to device irrespective of the platform. Therefore, iMyFone iTransor is the perfect tool to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone 11.
- You can use this software to create a full backup of the data of the WhatsApp account into PC.
- There is no limit in the size of the backup you create.
- It can be used to restore the created backup to any device whenever you need it.
- You can decide which type of data to backup and transfer (selective backup).
- It doesn’t affect the existing data on your device.
- It is an exceptionally convenient tool that can be used even by a beginner.
- Reliable and safe function so it doesn’t make your data vulnerable to any risks.
How to use iMyFone iTransor to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone 11 easily
Mentioned below are the simple steps you should follow in order to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone.
- 01. As the first step, you should download and install iMyFone iTransor on your computer. Then, you should launch it. Once the home screen is loaded, choose the option labeled ‘Transfer WhatsApp between Devices.’ Then, you should connect your Samsung device to the same computer. Make sure that you connect the new iPhone to the same computer. Please use the original USB cables provided by the manufacturer to avoid any interruption. Also, it is mandatory to unlock the iPhone and enable USB debugging mode on the Samsung device. Otherwise, iTransor will not be able to detect the devices.
- 02. Now, you should ensure that the Samsung device is introduced to the software as a ‘Source‘ device. Your iPhone, obviously, should be introduced as the ‘Destination‘ device. You can switch the device’s modes simply by clicking on the ‘Switch‘ option.
- 03. Now that the devices are connected and identified by the software, you should click on the option labeled ‘Transfer.’ The process will then start automatically. You should remember that the original WhatsApp data that was on the Samsung device will be erased. So, we highly recommend creating a backup of your WhatsApp data prior to this transferring process.
The above solutions we have mentioned in this article can be very handy when you need to transfer data. Transferring data between Android and iOS devices often becomes a hassle if you don’t do it correctly. Thankfully, iMyFone iTransor for WhatsApp can be your lifesaver and make the transferring process very easy. With that said, what is your favorite method to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone 11? If you have better opinions, you can let us know in the comments section below.